BFG KO2s or Nitto Trail Grapplers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BGA23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm needing to replace my KOs and I've narrowed it down to Ko2s or Trail Grapplers. I realize one is an all-terrain an the other is a mud terrain tire and the latter weighs about 10 lbs more. I like looks of the Trail Grapplers but I'm a little worried about road noise, since it is a MT tire. KO2s are a load range E tire, while Trail Grapplers are a D, so the ride might be a bit stiffer on KO2s. I would say 99% of my miles will be on pavement, I think I'm pretty much done with off-roading this truck. If BFG had just made the KO2 in a D range I would definitely be going with it, but they don't, so I have a slight dilemma.

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm needing to replace my KOs and I've narrowed it down to Ko2s or Trail Grapplers. I realize one is an all-terrain an the other is a mud terrain tire and the latter weighs about 10 lbs more. I like looks of the Trail Grapplers but I'm a little worried about road noise, since it is a MT tire. KO2s are a load range E tire, while Trail Grapplers are a D, so the ride might be a bit stiffer on KO2s. I would say 99% of my miles will be on pavement, I think I'm pretty much done with off-roading this truck. If BFG had just made the KO2 in a D range I would definitely be going with it, but they don't, so I have a slight dilemma.

I just had toyo mt's installed yesterday. Basically the same as the trail grappler. There is a little noise when just accelerating but then they get pretty quiet. A little hum down the freeway but minor. You can feel the added weight when taking off and braking. But I have a pedal commander and I bumped it up a little to get back the quick acceleration. Looks sooo much better than the stock ko2. Rides a little stiffer but not bad.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are gonna be a Street King, I recommend the KO2’s. I got 5 years on my original BF’s and put the KO2’s on last May. They ride great for pavement but have shown to be just as good in the snow/rain/dirt as the original BF’s. Depends how you drive as well.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nitto Ridge Grapplers. No more BFG for me. went with 35/12.5/17. They are a hybrid tire between A/T and M/T. Very quiet ride, noticed handle a ton better in the rain. Also going through water they don't "bounce" off like BFG tire but rather "slice through" which does not jolt your truck.
Got around 40k miles out of my KO2s. And I could see dry rot between the treads.
nittos 003.jpg

nittos 003.jpg

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitto Ridge Grapplers. No more BFG for me. went with 35/12.5/17. They are a hybrid tire between A/T and M/T. Very quiet ride, noticed handle a ton better in the rain. Also going through water they don't "bounce" off like BFG tire but rather "slice through" which does not jolt your truck.
Got around 40k miles out of my KO2s. And I could see dry rot between the treads.
View attachment 99744

+1. I've had:
K02
KM3
Trail Grappler

All good tires,

But driven Ridge Grappler. Quiet, good in snow, looks great. Would go Ridge Grappler 100% for a road truck.

ICLOSEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my ridge Graplers! Very quiet and work great on and off road

Reaction score
I'm a little concerned that the Nitto's are only speed rating Q vs the BFG's are S. Will that cause a problem when I'm driving 100+ mph?