BFG KO2's $189 each...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

I know they are putting load C on the Gen2 but how reliable will these be on Gen1's off-roading with 400-500lbs in the bed?

Firemedic269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by 4Wheel Parts that these C rated tires have their limits tested by the truck alone. Jumping it or additional weight in the bed, plus passengers while wheeling would probably be a bad idea. I'd say you decide for your truck but I'm getting the E rated tires.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lets just say I wouldn't drive down to Baja with C-rated tires...and I'm sure you agree. Ford put those tires on the trucks to keep costs down and the trucks out the door.

D

Deleted member 12951

Lets just say I wouldn't drive down to Baja with C-rated tires...and I'm sure you agree. Ford put those tires on the trucks to keep costs down and the trucks out the door.

Yeah I wonder if Greg Foutz had C-rated when he did it. I heard he drove home on the same set but watching that Ford video of him in that race they show changing his tires at a night pitstop. Hmm...

Was not the Gen1 bfg's a D-rated tire? I've ran Baja (1,200 miles) with old date code spare tires (bought on the cheap from several people) and had no major issues nor flats and drove it home back to Missouri and still running around on the same set.