BFG KM3 New Mud Terrain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Damn that is some crazy chunking... I was checking out the tires of other Raptor owners at the Ghost Town run and saw it was common with the AT KO's. Some not as bad as others... I thought mine were bad then I saw Noah's and he has some pretty good chunks in them.

Yours though take the win! I haven't seen chunking like that since my days in the 80's at desert races like the Fireworks 250 and Mint 400.

(found these in another thread... wow makes your tires look new! - http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f25/tire-chunking-thread-33524/#post671367)

Anyway.. how about the MT KM2 (and KM3) with chunking? Are they just as bad or better? Are there any tires out there that handle chunking better than another?

LOL good old diff lock, off-road mode, and high rpm 2nd gear.

The KM2 or KM3 should be good. The less sipes, the less chunking that occurs. However you'll always get a little scuffing on the tread blocks, but not nearly as bad as the KO's did.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hopefully they fixed the issues of the KM2 in regard to the tread separating. If so, these KM3s may just be the perfect tire; a semi-aggressive MT that doesn't weigh nearly as much as a Toyo.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Hopefully they fixed the issues of the KM2 in regard to the tread separating. If so, these KM3s may just be the perfect tire; a semi-aggressive MT that doesn't weigh nearly as much as a Toyo.

What was the issue, where would it separate?