BFG KM3 New Mud Terrain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Well... I have a BFG claim for dry rot on my original tires, they're covering 77% of the replacement of all 4. Told them I'm not getting tires until the new mud terrains are available. She verified and confirmed with her supervisor that I'll be good on my claim once they are released. Good thing I told her I'm still going to be driving on the current tires/off-roading on them. Glad I put my claim through before I left for Vegas and put 4,600 more miles and chunked the hell out of them!

Damn how many miles on those bucktooth tires?

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed this the other day. Not sure how accurate the pic is. Kinda looks like the KR2 with the tread a little more broken up. I'm digging the sidewall. If anybody else has any info post it up.

Damn! Looks bad ass! Like you said, looks like a DOT version of the new Baja KR2's with sipping. I was thinking that the all terrain KO2's would be my next tires for sure...but damn these look sweet! I keep going between stepping up to 37's or staying at 35's. If these things are like the older mud terrains, it'll be more of a "true" 35...maybe even flirting with 36ish territory.

Very curious to see these new tires. Hope they're not delayed too much!

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Agree, the new mud terrain looks nice ! Think after my new K02's run down I'll give them a try [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
They had 9,000 miles on them before my trip.

Damn that is some crazy chunking... I was checking out the tires of other Raptor owners at the Ghost Town run and saw it was common with the AT KO's. Some not as bad as others... I thought mine were bad then I saw Noah's and he has some pretty good chunks in them.

Yours though take the win! I haven't seen chunking like that since my days in the 80's at desert races like the Fireworks 250 and Mint 400.

(found these in another thread... wow makes your tires look new! - http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f25/tire-chunking-thread-33524/#post671367)

Anyway.. how about the MT KM2 (and KM3) with chunking? Are they just as bad or better? Are there any tires out there that handle chunking better than another?

Last edited: