BFG KM3 MT 500mile Report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
So I destroyed my OEM (nice soft C-Range) Off-Roading on some Hot-Volcanic Rock. I replaced those with a set of BFG KM3 MT E.
315/70R17
1. I stayed with the BFG’s because in 30+ years off Off-Roading they have Always gotten me home.
2. 300 miles off the 500 miles have been Off-Road in the Desert Rock, Sand, Gravel and a touch of mud. Temperatures often exceeded 120 degrees for the new rubber.
3. On Road ride- Very good. Stable/solid no tendency to drift the lanes. It’s not Escalade smooth like those nice Soft C Range KO2’s, but they are in No Way Harsh.
4. Off Road Performance- Outstanding! I’m running them at about 34psi and grip/traction is extremely confident. It’s exactly what I was looking for in them. Whether it’s 60mph on the rock/gravel single track or 4Lo Rock Walking they inspire confidence and sure footedness.
5. Noise- See Above- Not your Sweet Soft Escalade Shoes but it’s nothing you can’t over-come with the Windows Down and the Stereo Up as the Raptor gods had intended :33::Big Laugh:
6. 300 miles OR and No Nicks, Chunks or cracks! Still look perfect.
7. Looks- They look Amazing, nice aggressive stance and Chicks Dig That..;)9362B91C-C683-472E-A65D-B00F2D180926.jpeg9A80CF08-FEED-4AAA-A835-D0FDFA2AEBF4.jpeg6E82D320-ED45-401D-B3A9-2A702C3FF492.jpeg75D79891-280E-47AE-8D2A-3C322EE1381F.jpegAE320133-3706-440A-9162-7763259F2BAF.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for your review! Just ordered the very same KM3s to upgrade offroad in the muddy and sandy florida forrests. Can I ask you if you keep 34 psi all around on all terrains? on and off road? I was doing 34 on road and 30 off road on my KO2, but I would not mind skipping the air down/up. Truck looks great too! Can’t wait to get mine looking like that. Extra bonus.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Thank you for your review! Just ordered the very same KM3s to upgrade offroad in the muddy and sandy florida forrests. Can I ask you if you keep 34 psi all around on all terrains? on and off road? I was doing 34 on road and 30 off road on my KO2, but I would not mind skipping the air down/up. Truck looks great too! Can’t wait to get mine looking like that. Extra bonus.
I’m running them 32 cold on and off road. I’m doing quite a bit of Rock and Sand.
If I’m doing any road trip more than 200 I’ll air them up to 35/36, a little more if I’m pulling the Winnebago. That’s just me though, I’m no tire expert, just lazy. I try to hit the dirt a few times a week and I’m to lazy yo air-up, air-down, air-up, air m-down…lol 32 seems to be a good compromise.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Thanks for the review! I've been debating between the BFG KO2's or going more aggressive with KM3's or the Falken Wildpeak M/T's to replace my original BFG KO's. Taking in all the reviews and information I can get!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the review! I've been debating between the BFG KO2's or going more aggressive with KM3's or the Falken Wildpeak M/T's to replace my original BFG KO's. Taking in all the reviews and information I can get!
You still have the original KO's? If you did upgrade to KO2's , the first thing you would notice is they don't sling up as many rocks as the old version. I get better gas mileage with the KO2s as well, but am liking the look of the KM3s, but I have a year or two to decide myself.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
You still have the original KO's? If you did upgrade to KO2's , the first thing you would notice is they don't sling up as many rocks as the old version. I get better gas mileage with the KO2s as well, but am liking the look of the KM3s, but I have a year or two to decide myself.
Come to Vegas. We will run you up that Volcanic Rock Mesa and Shred those shoes ;) that will speed things along :anitoof::Big Laugh:

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
If I didn’t do as much in the Rocks, Sand and Gravel I probably would have went with another set of KO2’s but gone to the E Range, you saw how my C Range got shredded :(
Imho, if you do 60/39/1, Highway, Off-Road, Starbucks..lol I would have stayed with the KO2’s just in E.
No comparison in the looks, KM3’s win there hands down.
I’m just a BFG Homer I guess, I looked at all the other Great Options but again they have preformed so well for me over the years I’m afraid to switch…Karma will leave me 100 miles into the Desert with a shredded shoe :(
Hope this helps.