BF Goodrich Tire Damaged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masnocab

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll... Newer to the Forum and this is my first Ford Truck as well at my first Raptor. Love it so far after two weeks! I have never had big tires either and could use some opinions on this damage I have on one of my BF Goodrich. See picture. Big piece of metal in it... Can this be fixed? Should I just ignore if not losing pressure? Should I replace one tire or all? These aren't too old, I'm guessing 15k miles on them? IMG_0340.jpeg

Reaction score
Do you have some sort of Road Hazard Warranty? I would be inclined to have it replaced. You certainly don’t want it to become an issue at highway speeds or while you’re in the middle of nowhere. I believe they are about $370-$400 per tire, but well worth it.

As long as you aren’t doing burnouts, drifting or anything else that causes excessive wear, and have them rotated at a reasonable interval, you’ll be shocked how much life you’ll get out of those KO2’s.

I put over 70,000 miles on the original set of KO2’s on my ‘17 Gen 2 before replacing them last fall!!!

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take it to a tire shop where they can remove it and see what kind of damage was done. Your life and your truck are worth more than $400.00 for a new tire. If it goes all the way through and is just a small point penetrating they may be able to patch it from the inside. I would say there's no need to replace all four at 15k miles.

OP
OP
M

masnocab

Reaction score
Hey guys, as a follow up to this post. The metal part didn't penetrate the belt line, so that was good news, however in the process I dropped the spare down and realized it is a full size, including rim duplicate... Didn't know that! When I decided to put that on and use the "damaged" tire as the spare, I just got a warning light that a TPMS sensor malfunction on the spare. Is it not equipped to be interchangeable, even though it looks identical? Or is it just missing the TPMS sensor?

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just needs a tpms installed. I'm not sure when Ford stopped including them on the full size identical tire and wheel combo. My 2014 had it, 2019 didn't and my 2022 doesn't.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The spare tire on the Raptor has always been full size and a match in style to what came from the factory and they were labeled as spares meaning not balanced and no tpms. The 2010-11 were painted black to distinguish as spare but that ended with the 2012 model forward.