Bezel or No Bezel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CREWZN

Reaction score
Has any one tried the Spartan kits from f150leds.com?
Higher output than rough country based on twice as many higher powered emitter in each cube.
They also have a higher rating ip68 vs the 67 on the lights them selves (both have 68 on harness) . But they only have one year warranty vs rough country 3 year. And they also cost about 30% more .

Anyone have feedback or thoughts?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Has any one tried the Spartan kits from f150leds.com?
Higher output than rough country based on twice as many higher powered emitter in each cube.
They also have a higher rating ip68 vs the 67 on the lights them selves (both have 68 on harness) . But they only have one year warranty vs rough country 3 year. And they also cost about 30% more .

Anyone have feedback or thoughts?

Ehh if you're out to save a few bucks, by all means it'll fill a need. But, you get what you pay for. Nothing american made about the RC kits. BUT it's a killer price point. So if you need to safe some money i'd say grab it.

But if you're out to buy quality and buy it once... you MIGHT wanna check out the SPP Triple Fog Light Kits here... american made through and through and they'll probably outlive your truck (heck we've got owners who have bout the SPP kit and when they got rid of the Raptor they hung onto the kit and moved it to their next rig): http://www.4x4truckleds.com/specialty-performance-parts/

image__32811.1545275370.png

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d agree, I’m still deciding after 2-3 weeks which setup I want to go with on my 17. Some fellow forum users buy a new raptor every year they come out, but unfortunately I don’t have that luxury and have to be smart with my “mod” budget. As listed above, the RC Kit is extremely enticing for the price point but I just know know if I want to rock RC labels on my 60k truck. Seems kinda like buying a Daniel Defense AR-15 platform and spending 100 bucks on a knock off wal-mart optic (my fellow gun owners will get this reference).

Then again, I don’t off-road a lot and spending 800-1k on three cubes is STEEP, idc who you are wealth wise, but I’d have peace of mind with the kit. Tough choice.

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who buys a raptor every year... *cough* mike *cough*

For a little more money you can get a better kit over the KC... grab the Radiance kit from us... $569 all in good to go.

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-kit-w-rigid-industries-radiance/

Are KC lights no bueno?

What exactly is the difference between the set you linked and these:
http://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-kit-w-rigid-industries-d-series/

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well KC makes a fine light, as long as you get their more expensive/higher quality lights. Not those tiny little flex lights, which won't throw a lot of light for you. You'd need one of their bigger lights to compare against the Rigid D-Series or Baja S2/Squadroins.

So the D-Series lights are a LOT better then the Radiance lights. The Radiance are ehh well they are nice for a back light color. The spots that are on the Radiance don't throw much light at all. The D-Series however are a LOT better. They actually THROW light. They are similar to the Squadrons from Baja Designs in terms of how much light they throw.

My personal preference would be Baja Designs hands down. Followed by D-Series followed by Rigid Radiance Scenes followed by Rigid Radiance (the scenes are similar to the regular radiance pods but a little bit more light)

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are KC lights no bueno?

What exactly is the difference between the set you linked and these:
http://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-kit-w-rigid-industries-d-series/

Kc flex lights are 1000 lumens a piece. They work great with the color matched amber covers (color matched to the marker and grill lights). They are as powerful as radiance lights.

Not all vendors are approved to sell the bezel kit. To get around this they work hard to dissuade folks from buying it - since they are not authorized to sell it. Reality is the kit looks great, and unlike any of the simple brackets out there - you won’t cut off one of the lights.

So yea, use a bigger light but lose the light anyway.

Here’s a pic of 2 different simple brackets and the. The bezel kit.

2d2d85a5b2f8137d7b018b33c267256f.jpg

02035e92a54fc6ad633212370ca13c5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not all vendors are approved to sell the bezel kit. To get around this they work hard to dissuade folks from buying it

You mean... vendors who used to sell/stock your bezel kit but then dropped the line because you were undercutting your own dealers to make a little extra $$?? I think that's what you meant to actually say right?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What my buddy over there at FRL failed to mention was with our SPP kits you can actually align any lights you choose, in any manor you want. You can bring them out from inside, which means the lights does not get blocked. Use KC, Use Rigid, Use Baja, Use ZROADZ, use some existing ebay lights you have. Any lights with a mounting bracket will work on the SPP brackets...

Last edited: