Bezel or No Bezel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious ..are there any discount codes that are being offered by the vendors on this site for items like the fog light setup

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We offer discounts. Shoot me a message or send me an email ([email protected] - preferred method). We also offer custom solutions (baja + rigid lights on the same bracket w/1 harness) & kit deals.

vazo: You can checkout our SPP kit, which is already discounted heavily on our site. The kit features stainless steel hardware, american made and the most flexibilities out of any bracket around. And they are in stock and ship right away: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-kit-w-baja-designs-lights/

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to read my comments on the first part of this thread regarding the light pattern and the bezel.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/flush-mounted-baja-designs-onx6-install.66253/#post-1332206

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speeddeacon - Sorry i missed this earlier when i asked about your flush mounted light. There is so much info out here that i think my eyes glazed over! Sorry to bother... i appreciate the detailed posts.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bezel gives you a nice finished look, BUT it limits you as far as adjustments go. Plus if you do a 3 light bezel system you are locked into the smaller pair being KC lights, which you may or may not want. You'll also have a tough time replacing the lenses (Baja Designs) if you choose to change them, since the bezel sits up against the lights. If you need to aim them left/right you can't adjust them.

The benefit to the open design is you can control which way the lights point. Some folks use their fogs 100% offroad and want them aimed up. Some use 1 pair for nighttime use and have them aimed down. A bezeless/open design lets you point your lights where you want them.

So there are pros and cons to both. Baja Designs brackets are great and come as part of their kit. You can control the lights from 2 upfitters (3 if you add on the extra harness). You are limited to where the lights sits as they sit on the bracket in a locked location (you can still aim them up/down/left/right).

Now the SPP Brackets we offer are similar in design, only the lights sit in a channel so you can slide the lights back/sideways (on top of the left/right/up/down adjustments). So if you want the lights to sit outwards or inwards in the channel, you can move them. Also the entire bracket assembly itself can be moved up/down so you can center the lights (great if you have OCD). Also the SPP kit we offer includes a customer all-in-one wiring harness that lets you control all 3 pairs of lights from 3 different upfitters.

So again, pros and cons to each.

Bezel = finished look but your locked in for the most part
Open/Bracket Design = more control but not a finished look

All depends on what you want. some folks like a nice finished look. I personally love that open/agreesive look, as that's what the Raptors stance calls for. It's why the frame cut style bumpers are so popular also... more aggressive look.

We can hook you up with pretty much whatever you are looking for when it comes to lighting, just let me know or check out our site.

Thanks so much for the detailed response. I think i might be leaning towards one of the brackets now given the adjustability. Per your other post, i reach out via email to discuss pricing after i do a little more digging to narrow down the specific light combination!

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speeddeacon - i see one of your pics includes a lower light bar. Which one is that and how is it mounted? Looks like it is somehow set in the grill whereas many seem to put them behind it. Is there some bracket behind it as well?[emoji51]

See my post about OnX6 flush mount install in the Lighting thread.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@vazo

We've sold tons of our bezel kits to folks in Canada. Our stainless steel bezels are finished in a heavy duty powder coat and hold up quite well. We're based in Boston and put these through the ringer ourselves. While not northern Canada, we still see plenty of snow/ice/rain.

The bezel does provide that clean, OEM fit and finish. We have never had a customer call and tell us the gasket simply deteroriated due to weather. And the lights do fit flush up against the fairings, but that's exactly how we designed it.

If the bezel isn't your thing, we also offer our own universal light brackets (stainless, made in the USA as well). Both brackets offer light adjustability. These are forwarding facing fog lights. Too much adjustability and you're just going to be illuminating the backside of your bumper.

Picture from one of our Canadian customers:

bnD3H2a.jpg

Last edited:

Cliff Lohner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Rough Country triple fog light kit. This set is completely adjustable. I was able to space them out so they don’t rub or hit anything. Very happy with them. They also are pretty good on pricing.

C07824B7-2703-41A9-9D01-4455A8100D78.jpg

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Rough Country triple fog light kit. This set is completely adjustable. I was able to space them out so they don’t rub or hit anything. Very happy with them. They also are pretty good on pricing.

C07824B7-2703-41A9-9D01-4455A8100D78.jpg

So did you opt for their bezel or just go with the brackets? And yes that is good pricing! I’ll have to go check out the lumens for comparison as well. Was it plug and play like the other guys? Also is your bar from Rough Country too? Thanks!

Cliff Lohner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did you opt for their bezel or just go with the brackets? And yes that is good pricing! I’ll have to go check out the lumens for comparison as well. Was it plug and play like the other guys? Also is your bar from Rough Country too? Thanks!

I just went with their brackets. Seemed easier to me. It was plug and play to an extent. They come premade with one and off switches. I just clipped them off then range them to the upfitter switches. It was very simple. Yes the hidden light bar is also Rough Country. I love it

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went with their brackets. Seemed easier to me. It was plug and play to an extent. They come premade with one and off switches. I just clipped them off then range them to the upfitter switches. It was very simple. Yes the hidden light bar is also Rough Country. I love it

Really appreciate the feedback - Thanks!