Beware Want to Buy members! Scammers are out there.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
New member Dalis102 PM’d me about someone selling the lights I was looking for. I emailed the address he gave me and the guy wouldn’t send me more than 1 pic, and refused to take PayPal. All he kept asking me was if I sell up Zelle yet to pay him. Total scam.

TannerK17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got a live one boys...

I saw this and checked his profile and saw he had 0 posts and no info without knowing about this going on.

9B51862F-3278-4700-AA65-CF8FA3F2752B.jpeg

FNG in FL duhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got this kindly send me an email via [email protected] for pictures and price

I’m pretty sure this is a scam. I contacted him and then he stated he was in Hawaii and asking me to proceed. He gave me a “shipped” price on his very first email which I never provided a zip code. Also low post count and common words misspelled and misused in email.

PBARaptor

Reaction score
Hey guys, newer member here and had to put in my 2 cents. I came from bimmerpost.com after being an M3 owner before parting with it. Saaaame sh*t went on over there with the bmw guys so yes, always be careful and ONLY use PayPal if you can't meet face to face for a sale/transaction. I unf learned the hard way.

Appreciate the heads up OP.

breezy

Reaction score
I got so many of these when I posted my WTB OE bumper thread. It was ridiculous but I ended up swapping my ADD for stock with a member here, we met in person, swapped bumpers, etc. Stay vigilant!

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There has been a report of a recent scam on a member, so as a refresher....please be vigilant about who you send money too.

Regards

Noplacelikeloam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I’ve got 3 of these so far. I just report them and move on. Luckily they don’t seem very sophisticated.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm a member that had a recent scam. Lessons learned:
1 READ ALL THE ABOVE CAREFULLY-ALL THE LESSONS ABOVE ARE WRITTEN IN BLOOD EVEN IF THEY AREN'T ALL THAT RECENT. THIEVES AREN'T THAT SMART OR THEY WOULDN'T BE THIEVES.
2 DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT IF THE CONTACT COMES THRU EMAIL. WHY WOULDN'T THEY JUST CONTACT YOU THROUGH THE FORUM DIRECTLY? THEY WILL ASSUME A FAKE ID OF A MEMBER HERE WITH AN ESTABLISHED POST COUNT.
3 THEY WILL TALK TO YOU AND TEXT YOU THROUGH BURNER PHONES. THEY BUY A $60 PREPAID SIM CARD AT WALMART, BURN YOU AND WALK. NEW CARD, NEW ID, NEXT VICTIM.
4 DON'T BE IMPRESSED BY A QUICK RESPONSE AND QUICK PICTURES OF WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE. ANY BOZO CAN KNOW OF A RAPTOR ROUTINELY PARKED SOMEWHERE.
5 A QUICK PRICE "INCLUDING SHIPPING" BECAUSE I'M JUST A FEW STATES AWAY IS GARBAGE.
6 TRUST YOUR GUT, DON'T GET EXCITED, AND DON'T ASSUME SPELL CHECK AND POOR VERBAL SYNTAX ERRORS ARE YOU BEING JUDGEMENTAL.
7 THANK YOU WILLIAM_CHARLES OR CHARLESWILLI OR WHOEVER YOU ARE TODAY FOR ANOTHER LIFE LESSON THAT MAKES ME GLAD ABOUT WHO I AM AND WHAT I'VE ACCOMPLISHED. I PITY YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE. A TOTAL WASTE OF A LIFE THAT BRINGS NOTHING GOOD TO ANYONE, INCLUDING YOURSELF. YOU HAVE NO FUTURE BUT EMPTINESS AND MISERY.
IF YOU WOULD WORK HALF AS HARD AT BEING AN HONEST PERSON THAT CARED ABOUT OTHERS AS YOU DO AT BEING A CRIMINAL YOU WOULD ACTUALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO SHOW FOR YOUR LIFE.

Last edited: