Beware Want to Buy members! Scammers are out there.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have been seeing a rash of new members with 0 posts PMing Want to Buy posts with promises of goods or services. Please beware, do not trust anyone with 0 or a few posts that are also a new member if they PM you directly. If you get such PMs, report them to me.

Thank you.

TXTransplant

Reaction score
Same thing. They will respond to your thread stating a "buddy" has the part you are looking for and to contact them via email then try to get you to send payment without pics of the product.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have received a few more reports on these scammers so stay vigilant members. The post counts of these guys are always 0 or a few posts, so be on the look out.

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, I posted a WTB and couple member sent me pm like "my buddy has this, or this guy has that etc" .. contact email and they'll response. I actually did contact 1 of them, it is so fake and so fishy that I was about to report to admin but haven't had a chance. But this is one of the scammer email [email protected] These are the member in here that sent me the pm.
Thalia42New Member
Hogan

I just check my pm inbox, loks like the conversation was delete (probably by admin?) .. but anyways, always inspect the picture they sent you.. because these scammer would go to different forums, google, ebay etc.. to pull those pic try to scam you.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Same here, I posted a WTB and couple member sent me pm like "my buddy has this, or this guy has that etc" .. contact email and they'll response. I actually did contact 1 of them, it is so fake and so fishy that I was about to report to admin but haven't had a chance. But this is one of the scammer email [email protected] These are the member in here that sent me the pm.
Thalia42New Member
Hogan

I just check my pm inbox, loks like the conversation was delete (probably by admin?) .. but anyways, always inspect the picture they sent you.. because these scammer would go to different forums, google, ebay etc.. to pull those pic try to scam you.
I was also contacted by that SAME EXACT "person". Almost went through with purchase. Actually sent them money via PayPal after I declined to do it through some app they wanted me to. I sent it as a commercial purchase so I would have some buyer protection. They cried that I did not use Friends & Family. I told them NO! Then I reported as scam to FRF mods.

Another email they use is - [email protected]

daystaff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to your post, Now I'm trying to be careful in any transactions!