Beware Want to Buy members! Scammers are out there.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrH0811

Reaction score
There has been a report of a recent scam on a member, so as a refresher....please be vigilant about who you send money too.

Regards
I was contacted yesterday by a new member FCT6 about my add looking for a Gen 2 bumper I am trying to buy. Sent me to his friend who had it for sale. Sent me to his email [email protected]. I did actually reach out and immediately he said $200 shipped. I asked for pictures and he provided them. I knew it was a scam when he asked me to send money through Zelle. I said I would only do PayPal. He said ok and gave me his "wifes" email which ended in @7xiaw.com. Also odd. Final straw was when he said I could only send the money as Friends and Family. As you all know there is no protection through PayPal when money is sent as "Friends and Family" Stay safe friends!

PS.. If anyone has a Gen 2 front bumper they are selling for real let me know!

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got one today saying a friend had the truck/part I wanted. Just gave a cell# to call. A new member with zero post. I just deleted it. So many scammers out there.

quattrojim

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add FRF member “Ronjess” to the scammer list and referring FRF members who have not been seen posting here since 2012. I got this:

“Hello, have you tried to ask (frogslinger) the last time i got headlights from him, he mentioned he has it for sale you can send him an email to [email protected] for a quicker response

Goodluck”

I searched for other instances of “[email protected]” and that address is on a Stop Forum Spam list.

Attachments

• IMG_1228.png
    IMG_1228.png
    416.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1227.png
    IMG_1227.png
    520.5 KB · Views: 7

quattrojim

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s another from a “brand new” FRF member…..

Please forgive my reply to this person!

Attachments

• IMG_1247.png
    IMG_1247.png
    325.5 KB · Views: 19