Beware this particular vehicle- Bad truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philo Beddoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long post, apologize up front. I am leaving the forum/community under very bad circumstances, but not at all due to the members on this forum. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone on here for their knowledge and help these past 21 months. I haven't posted often, tried to adhere to common sense and the rules and have learned a ton from reading and interacting on here. For that I'd like to thank you all.

On to the subject at hand. Briefly- I purchased a gently used 2013 SCREW in December of 2016 (48k miles at the time). Loved it, it was really in great shape. At 65k it began not starting- not turning over and flashing every warning that the truck possesses. Even told me to "Move items from around passenger seat." Had it in 4 shops- 2 of them dealer service departments- over 6 weeks. Towed 5 times, PCM reflashed, PCM replaced. No one could figure out the problem and the Ford dealerships were both seriously jerking me around. Found a member on here who had the exact same issue with a 2012- by properly using the search function. PM between he and I revealed he also ended up having to trade his truck in. Woe is me, but that's not the point, just background. I want to post the VIN and a description of the truck, as I believe it will be re-sold in the near future, possibly wholesaled. I'm in Eastern NC, so I just want to ensure that any member who reads this after they have come across a deal that seems too good to be true can make an educated decision.

Truck is a 2013 Tuxedo Black SCREW. To my knowledge the only missing option was the front facing camera. At the time of sale it had an AirRaid CAI, FabFours pre-runner winch bumper, a Warn Zeon12 in the front bumper and was at mid-perch with Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo2 in stock size. VIN is 1FTFW1R66DFA64715.

Sorry to no longer be a Raptor owner and to be leaving the community, but appreciate all the help and assistance I received while I was here. Dealing with this issue and the dealerships in my local area nearly gave me a heart attack and/or a felony. Again, thanks to all and hope this information helps someone avoid disaster or find a great parts vehicle.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Sorry for your troubles, but good job on trying to help others not get screwed. Good luck in the future.

OP
OP
P

Philo Beddoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the well wishes. I felt this was the least I could do after everyone on here had been so helpful.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Long post, apologize up front. I am leaving the forum/community under very bad circumstances, but not at all due to the members on this forum. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone on here for their knowledge and help these past 21 months. I haven't posted often, tried to adhere to common sense and the rules and have learned a ton from reading and interacting on here. For that I'd like to thank you all.

On to the subject at hand. Briefly- I purchased a gently used 2013 SCREW in December of 2016 (48k miles at the time). Loved it, it was really in great shape. At 65k it began not starting- not turning over and flashing every warning that the truck possesses. Even told me to "Move items from around passenger seat." Had it in 4 shops- 2 of them dealer service departments- over 6 weeks. Towed 5 times, PCM reflashed, PCM replaced. No one could figure out the problem and the Ford dealerships were both seriously jerking me around. Found a member on here who had the exact same issue with a 2012- by properly using the search function. PM between he and I revealed he also ended up having to trade his truck in. Woe is me, but that's not the point, just background. I want to post the VIN and a description of the truck, as I believe it will be re-sold in the near future, possibly wholesaled. I'm in Eastern NC, so I just want to ensure that any member who reads this after they have come across a deal that seems too good to be true can make an educated decision.

Truck is a 2013 Tuxedo Black SCREW. To my knowledge the only missing option was the front facing camera. At the time of sale it had an AirRaid CAI, FabFours pre-runner winch bumper, a Warn Zeon12 in the front bumper and was at mid-perch with Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo2 in stock size. VIN is 1FTFW1R66DFA64715.

Sorry to no longer be a Raptor owner and to be leaving the community, but appreciate all the help and assistance I received while I was here. Dealing with this issue and the dealerships in my local area nearly gave me a heart attack and/or a felony. Again, thanks to all and hope this information helps someone avoid disaster or find a great parts vehicle.

That is a sad story indeed.
Please consider another Raptor. I just dropped off a beautiful SE Ruby Red that was used, but well cared for. It's at Tindol Ford (Eastern, NC) The build thread is here on FRF.

Best of luck to you going forward.

Edit: Found the link:
https://www.tindolford.com/used-Gas...r&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=retargeting

@Yukon Joe
[emoji830][emoji830][emoji830][emoji830][emoji830]♡♡♡[emoji830][emoji830][emoji830][emoji830][emoji830]
Donate to a fellow raptor owner
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=1286274

Last edited:

pale Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man and the dealers could not even find the issues out. This is worst then losing your favorite dog . Sorry to here that RIP.