Beware of UniqueKarbon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Circa the financial crisis of the late 90s, many companies went belly up, including a commercial gym equipment manufacturer. And belly up they went with about $800 of my hard earned dollars. Foolishly, I paid for the product with a debit card and so after waiting about 2 months, as they said it would take that long to ship, when I went to my bank it was too late.

Now the way I looked at it, I'd rather lose money in a nonviolent way than with a knife at my throat. Lesson learned. Or so I thought.

On May 24th of this year, after seeing someone here post about a nice looking license plate frame in CF with Raptor in red letters made by UniqueKarbon, I ordered it. It was 100 bucks.

With Amazon and many other companies these days getting stuff delivered seemingly before you order it, I emailed them on June 4. They answered and indicated it takes 20 business days to manufacture followed by 2 day shipping.

I emailed them last week to check on it with no reply.

It's now 26 days with no word on the plate frame. Are they inventing carbon fiber?

I've opened a dispute with PayPal. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow, I will elevate that to a claim.

Caveat Emptor.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tend to beat around the bush before getting to my point. I raised the 800 as I was thinking uniquekarbon may have also gone balls up.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I’m confused .. are we talking about 800 dollars for gym equipment or 100 dollar plate surround ??

If he's ripped off for $5, it's too much. Why don't you send me a check for $100 and a check for $800, please let me know which one I can keep.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If he's ripped off for $5, it's too much. Why don't you send me a check for $100 and a check for $800, please let me know which one I can keep.
It would be my pleasure. Why don't you post your name and address here so I know where to send it.

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
I tend to beat around the bush before getting to my point. I raised the 800 as I was thinking uniquekarbon may have also gone balls up.
Got ya, PayPal is usually pretty good with this kinda stuff, good luck man

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you. Believe me when I tell you, I've wasted more money than most people. It's not a big deal to me. It won't make me eat a burger instead of a steak.

I'm merely putting it out there as a head's up to the community. Take it as you wish. And who knows, this long awaited plate frame may actually show up. And if it does, I shall report on that, and it's quality, though someone here said the "Raptor" logo wore off theirs rather quickly. Unfortunately i saw that after ordering. Maybe it take s month for the paint to dry before they send it. Kind of like watching paint dry.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Circa the financial crisis of the late 90s, many companies went belly up, including a commercial gym equipment manufacturer. And belly up they went with about $800 of my hard earned dollars. Foolishly, I paid for the product with a debit card and so after waiting about 2 months, as they said it would take that long to ship, when I went to my bank it was too late.

Now the way I looked at it, I'd rather lose money in a nonviolent way than with a knife at my throat. Lesson learned. Or so I thought.

On May 24th of this year, after seeing someone here post about a nice looking license plate frame in CF with Raptor in red letters made by UniqueKarbon, I ordered it. It was 100 bucks.

With Amazon and many other companies these days getting stuff delivered seemingly before you order it, I emailed them on June 4. They answered and indicated it takes 20 business days to manufacture followed by 2 day shipping.

I emailed them last week to check on it with no reply.

It's now 26 days with no word on the plate frame. Are they inventing carbon fiber?

I've opened a dispute with PayPal. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow, I will elevate that to a claim.

Caveat Emptor.

Sorry you got nicked for $100, got a physical addy, maybe someone can put eyes on them.