Beware N-Fab bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bamaprof

Bamaprof

Reaction score
087AE35A-529A-4D18-A4BE-43B10898B94E.jpeg BE072A5F-ED29-417C-84DC-3EE6285A3B4A.jpeg Final Post on this topic. Front bumper looks great, fits perfect, 30 minute install. Rear bumper looks acceptable, does not fit, countless hours on install (5-8?), requires modifications. Not surprisingly had to cut their inserts to fit my backup lights but no big deal. Biggest problem: tailgate will hit bumper every time its opened. Center round bars actually angle UP in the center. Guess I will ruin my freshly painted tailgate. But on a positive note N Fab does give you choices: you can either have trailer lights or a spare tire - but not both. Front bumper is a 10, rear a 2. Have 2 left over brackets that are not listed in instructions. No I can’t go back to stock because had to cut off & destroy center piece. Rants over. Don’t buy the rear!!

CC6730A1-080F-4694-B0BA-7771D3235AE7.jpeg

F0256992-130E-46A6-83E1-19EE09DCDBCC.jpeg

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn I would have sent the rear back if its hitting the tailgate, and if they didn't give you a refund hit up your CC for a chargeback. That not acceptable that its hitting the tailgate.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably due to COVID. So many companies working short staffed right now. I work in Healthcare and as lot of great companies I have worked with for 15+ years are dropping the ball on details right now so it would surprise me if its happening in other industries.

I also work in Healthcare and have observed the same thing...unfortunately. But saying that, I think if shortage of help is the issue, than they should just take a little longer and get it right. Everyone would understand the time delay.

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of problems with NFab fitment on my F250 light bar. I sent 2 of them back and finally the 3rd one only had to be worked into place a little. Their QC seems to be non existent.

Raptorrunner

Reaction score
Yeah its too bad their parts look good and are reasonably priced
I've dealt with nfab on other vehicles and I'd say they are alright. Their products are not the best and the quality is subpar. Powder coating usually doesn't last long and needs touch ups all the time.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Sergio212

Reaction score
View attachment 147578 View attachment 147579 Final Post on this topic. Front bumper looks great, fits perfect, 30 minute install. Rear bumper looks acceptable, does not fit, countless hours on install (5-8?), requires modifications. Not surprisingly had to cut their inserts to fit my backup lights but no big deal. Biggest problem: tailgate will hit bumper every time its opened. Center round bars actually angle UP in the center. Guess I will ruin my freshly painted tailgate. But on a positive note N Fab does give you choices: you can either have trailer lights or a spare tire - but not both. Front bumper is a 10, rear a 2. Have 2 left over brackets that are not listed in instructions. No I can’t go back to stock because had to cut off & destroy center piece. Rants over. Don’t buy the rear!!

View attachment 147581

View attachment 147582
Thanks for the writeup...I realize I'm bringing up an old post, but was wondering exactly which N-Fab rear bumper you bought? I was looking at the Pre-Runner RB...wasn't sure if they worked out those fitment issues since you used them back in 2020...the tailgate issue and no spare tire sounds like a nightmare. Also, did you dovetail the sides so that they're flush with the bumper? Would love to see a side photo if you got one. Thanks