Betting towing with the Raptor Timbren SES Suspenion kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJ Pony Parts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are not a frequent off-roader and want to be able to tow/haul better with your raptor and prevent how much it squats, the Timbren SES suspension upgrade is simple and effective option. Theyre progressive rubber springs that bolt to the frame and add much needed support to the Raptors saggy rear end. Check out this video for the install and before/after comparison. Enjoy :)

Ckhris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have near the clearance you do. The one in the video looks like it has a lifted rear and leveled front. Mine sit on the bottom perches and rides like shit unloaded. Took them off

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have near the clearance you do. The one in the video looks like it has a lifted rear and leveled front. Mine sit on the bottom perches and rides like shit unloaded. Took them off
If that is the case, I believe Timbren is willing to send you appropriately sized rubber springs. I had to order a spacer because my gap was to big with Deaver +3s, but with an inch gap, I don't have any negative effects for road use and they work great when towing.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If that is the case, I believe Timbren is willing to send you appropriately sized rubber springs. I had to order a spacer because my gap was to big with Deaver +3s, but with an inch gap, I don't have any negative effects for road use and they work great when towing.

Do you have a bump stop kit with your Deaver +3s? I was considering something like this for the occasional times I tow, but I do not see how it will work with a bump stop kit on the outside of the leafs.

IMG_3475.JPG

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you might be okay. The rubber spring sits on the inside of the leaf spring and is mounted to a bracket that attaches to the frame rail. As long as your bump stop kit does not protrude beyond the inside edge of the leaf spring, you should be good. That said, you will also need what I will call a bump stop plate for the Timbren spring to make contact with. This plate will attach to the axle and give the rubber spring a contact point. The plates that I ordered when I had my Deaver +3s installed worked perfectly with a one inch spacers bought from Timbrean.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d like to get this set up for my 2019 which I’ll use twice a year to tow my surf boat. CJ Pony Parts, can you send me the model number for this or do you offer these parts?
Thanks

Dave

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys. I do have the Timbrens, and use them for when towing my rig long distances, but my rig is only about 4,000 lbs with the load I haul.

The towing capacity of our truck is 8,000 lbs. Aside from exceeding that weight, from a legal perspective, do you think you could safely bump the capacity a couple thousand lbs using the Timbrens? The reason for the lower towing capacity, in comparison to a regular F150 is because of the softer suspension. So logic tells me that with the Timbrens, that would no longer be an issue. Thoughts?

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Question for you guys. I do have the Timbrens, and use them for when towing my rig long distances, but my rig is only about 4,000 lbs with the load I haul.

The towing capacity of our truck is 8,000 lbs. Aside from exceeding that weight, from a legal perspective, do you think you could safely bump the capacity a couple thousand lbs using the Timbrens? The reason for the lower towing capacity, in comparison to a regular F150 is because of the softer suspension. So logic tells me that with the Timbrens, that would no longer be an issue. Thoughts?

I wouldn't expect a vendor to recommend exceeding the stock tow weight rating. However, it should be just fine. The most critical tow weight rating is based not on the suspension or engine power, but rather on the braking/stopping power of the vehicle.

The next is the specified tire's weight capacity for the additional tongue weight combined with the vehicle's max load weight.

Third would be the suspension's ability to keep the vehicle stable with the extra weight attached.

The Raptor brakes are the same as any recent F-150, so no problem there.

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are not a frequent off-roader and want to be able to tow/haul better with your raptor and prevent how much it squats, the Timbren SES suspension upgrade is simple and effective option. Theyre progressive rubber springs that bolt to the frame and add much needed support to the Raptors saggy rear end. Check out this video for the install and before/after comparison. Enjoy :)
How does it ride loaded up? I need to tow my Malibu boat to and from the lake once a year and a bit concerned the the stock rear suspension will not cut it. I’m considering the SVC bump stop kit, or something like this that I can put on and then remove after I tow.