Better brake feel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done anything with the brakes that gives a better feel at the pedal and still fits in with 17inch stock bead locks? I’ve seen a lot about big brake kits, but I really like my stock wheels.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different rotors won't do shit for feel... pads, lines and fluid or a BBK.

What pads are everyone swapping to? Did you guys do rears as well to keep the bias? No problems mixing bedding compounds between brands with same rotors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What pads are everyone swapping to? Did you guys do rears as well to keep the bias? No problems mixing bedding compounds between brands with same rotors?

I am still stock. I am eventually going to go to some sort of BBK so I'm leaving things as is for now.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't find the comparison at the moment, but someone put up a chart of all the half ton braking distances. The f150 was significantly ahead (by at least 30 feet IIRC) and even the Raptor (which uses the same brakes as the standard version) stopped in comparable distances to all the competitors. All I know is the stop plenty quick for me, on or offroad.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need a Hawk STREET or HPS pad, their autocross compound might be too much but they’d stop right now!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The better pad do make a difference. I've had both R1 Concepts and PowerStop. Both stop better as compared to stock. Also, make sure you perform the breakin properly. My first set was not properly broken in, and they didn't stop for shit.

As for the BBK, do you have the money ($3-$6K) to spend? Yes, they do stop the truck better, but it is hard to justify the cost. I must say, however, that video from @Nick@Apollo-Optics is bad a$$! :GetMoney: