Best Winter Tires for Gen2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobW33

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I recently replaced my K02s I specifically asked for the same tires that came with the truck. They told me I got the last set and they were being discontinued (this was at the Ford dealer). What they told me was that the E load rated tires were available but not the C that the Raptor came with. Does that sound like a load of BS? I wanted the softer sidewall. I can keep my K02s quiet but it takes rotating every 5K miles.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I recently replaced my K02s I specifically asked for the same tires that came with the truck. They told me I got the last set and they were being discontinued (this was at the Ford dealer). What they told me was that the E load rated tires were available but not the C that the Raptor came with. Does that sound like a load of BS? I wanted the softer sidewall. I can keep my K02s quiet but it takes rotating every 5K miles.
LOL, the exact opposite happened to me at the Ford dealer. I asked for E rated (because they have raised white lettering) and got Raptor C rated. That was back in April so it’s sounds like BS. Back to winter tires, I will agree with KO2s but I would also consider General Grabber ATXs. I had a set last time and was super impressed with them in snow. Just something to consider

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goodyear Ultra Terrain at Discount tire. They are snow rated which most of the others mentioned are not. I have been using them for years after trying others like Duro track, K02 which suck on ice.
Which tires mentioned are not snow rated? Toyo AT3, BFG K02, and Duratrac LT tires are all 3PMSF rated. But I agree, K02 are terrible on ice.

Bluto

Reaction score

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which tires mentioned are not snow rated? Toyo AT3, BFG K02, and Duratrac LT tires are all 3PMSF rated. But I agree, K02 are terrible on ice.
I almost wrote back and said your full of it, but they are now snow rated. Sorry for my misinformation. Good catch. I used studded Duratrac for a couple years then switched to the Goodyear ultra terrain tires. Much quieter and way better than non studded Duratrac’s or K02 on ice and snow.

rschap1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are missing out on the absolute best time to drive a Raptor.

Have fun waiting on your Uber at Starbux while the rest of us are out tearing up the snow!

KO2s all the way.

Snow would be fun
Salt and MASSIVE amounts of liquid chloride, not so much
Roads get coated way too much aound here.

My Hankook M/Ts do good off road and really well aired down i sand.
But, I have a hard time not getting sideways if I drive through a lawn sprinkler.
Can not imagine how slippery they would be snow/ice

Josh84

Reaction score
I am planning on studded Duratracs this winter on my spare wheels. Have been impressed with the KO2's but want more of an ultimate winter tire now.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak AT3W is another A/T that is very good in snow. I'm currently running them on my old Bronco after running a couple sets of Duratracs.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak AT3W is another A/T that is very good in snow. I'm currently running them on my old Bronco after running a couple sets of Duratracs.
Surprised this is the first mention. Falken AT3W is a solid tire with the 3 Peak Snowflake rating. Full tread depth sipes, almost 20/32's tread depth (deepest for an AT, BFG is only 15/32's) and they wear really well. But you do get a weight penalty at 73lbs and they don't balance as nicely as Toyo/Nitto but they do balance better than Goodyear or BFG in my experience.