Best Winter Tires for Gen2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
KO2’s, Duratrac

If your wasn’t dedicated winter tires - Nokian LT2/3

Agreed with above

nokian tires in snow are amazing. Used them many time. Just purchased nokian hakkapalitiaaaiiajk (lol) 9s with studs for wifey car

Beater car with AWD.

This is best answer and what i hope to do eventually.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great in snow but loud af .
Yeah, but they are also a AT/MT hybrid...so they pretty much blow away all AT competition as far as performance without the full amount of noise of an MT. And they have snow/ice performance that MT's don't.

I personally think KO2s don't perform well for my environmental factors. I would consider them as an option if I lived in a dry desert area.

Last edited:

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't dare drive my Raptor through chloride season.
I have had a lot of Hankook AT-M and AT-2s. Thought they were good overall for the cost, and especially winter. Far better than what I anticipated for snow and ice.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Goodyear Ultra Terrain at Discount tire. They are snow rated which most of the others mentioned are not. I have been using them for years after trying others like Duro track, K02 which suck on ice.

Reaction score
I’ve run Nitto Ridge Grapplers for the past 2 winters but haven’t been super happy with their performance on ice/snow. Looking to get much better grip and breaking performance this winter, especially having to drive from Wyoming to Canada for a 2 week trip. What’re the best winter performance tires that are still usable in the summer?
I just went with MT Baja Boss AT because the stock BFGs only lasted 30K miles. Figured I'd try something different plus they look better than the KO2s in my opinion. I've only run the Baja Boss tires for about 20 miles so far but I can tell you they are very quiet. I will admit they're not a "squishy" (as some people refer to it) as the stock BFG KO2s. They are severe weather/snow rated so I'm hoping we get some snow this winter so I can try them out.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, but they are also a AT/MT hybrid...so they pretty much blow away all AT competition as far as performance without the full amount of noise of an MT. And they have snow/ice performance that MT's don't.

I personally think KO2s don't perform well for my environmental factors. I would consider them as an option if I lived in a dry desert area.
Def agree they are not good in mud vs the duratraks.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
You guys are missing out on the absolute best time to drive a Raptor.

Have fun waiting on your Uber at Starbux while the rest of us are out tearing up the snow!

KO2s all the way.

I still drive in the snow if I want to, not because I have to with the Raptor. Have the OBS for standard snow driving over the pass to and from work.