Best window tints? Precut vs generic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
It cost me 70 bucks to have a professional tint shop do my front windows. Come with life time guarantee and no worries. Sometimes it’s easier to pay.

OP
OP
B

braptorin

Reaction score
It cost me 70 bucks to have a professional tint shop do my front windows. Come with life time guarantee and no worries. Sometimes it’s easier to pay.
You bring up a good point - I wasn't considering doing the work myself (although I think I could do it - I've tinted plenty of stuff before). Most of the pro jobs I've had involve manually cutting the edges and despite the overall workmanship being solid, no manual cut is ever going to be as perfect as a CNC based pre-cut system!

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You bring up a good point - I wasn't considering doing the work myself (although I think I could do it - I've tinted plenty of stuff before). Most of the pro jobs I've had involve manually cutting the edges and despite the overall workmanship being solid, no manual cut is ever going to be as perfect as a CNC based pre-cut system!

But at the same time you'll never be able to position pre-cut tint perfectly in all four corners of the window.... Getting it done by folks who do it 24/7 is usually easier.