Best Weight Distribution Hitch for Raptor?

What is the best Weight Distribution Hitch w/ Built-in Sway Control?

• Anderson 3380

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Blue Ox BXW 1000

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Equalizer 10K 4-Point

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Hensley Arrow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please specify in your reply)

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2018 SuperCrew with standard Deaver +3s and RPG Stage 3 Air Bump Stops with extensions, if needed. I am buying a travel trailer that weighs 5.5K lbs, but will be between 6-7K when loaded. I want to add a WDH with built-in sway control to keep the truck as level as possible. I do not want to use one of the sway control brakes that require you to remove it when backing up or turning sharply.

If you have used a WDH with sway control on your Raptor, please let me know which one you picked and why it was better than the rest. If you have one that is not on my list, please let me know in your comments.

I have my opinion on the best one, but I am feeling a little "Crazy911", so I thought I would create a poll to get your thoughts. (Alphabetical order)

Anderson 3380:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BT3CPS6/

Blue Ox BXW 1000:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GAO0A0/

Equalizer 10K 4-Point Sway Control:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004TR8F5C/

Hensley Arrow:
https://hensleymfg.com/product/hensley-arrow-anti-sway-trailer-hitch/

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the equalizer, but it’s the only one I’ve owned and I haven’t used it on a Raptor. It worked well on my Titan and then my Dodge 2500. It’s very effective for leveling the truck and minimizing sway. You do need to keep the bar brackets greased so it’s not noisy. I don’t like the designs of the others listed with the chains and such.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the equalizer, but it’s the only one I’ve owned and I haven’t used it on a Raptor. It worked well on my Titan and then my Dodge 2500. It’s very effective for leveling the truck and minimizing sway. You do need to keep the bar brackets greased so it’s not noisy. I don’t like the designs of the others listed with the chains and such.

Yes, I am also concerned about the noises they make when driving. My brother-in-law has an E2 WDH with Round Bars and it is very noisy. The reviews say the ones that use friction to reduce the sway are the noisiest ones on the market. Their are a couple who claim no noise, so I will wait for others to chime in if they are any good.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The equalizer will pop and creak on sharp parking lot maneuvers, but a little grease pretty much eliminates it. There is no noise just going down the road. Another good feature of the equalizer is the ability to leave the bars connected to the hitch without them falling off. The design keeps the bars horizontal rather than letting them fall to the ground. I wouldn’t advocate driving around with them like that as they could rotate, but I think the setup is easier to use.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No one else is using their Raptors to tow? Or, no one is using WDHs?

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am subbed to this thread because I am interested but will not vote because I haven't tried any of these (or any other WDH) -
I picked up a (much smaller and lighter than yours) travel trailer in May which ultimately led up to me getting a Raptor (my Explorer was piggish & was a good excuse for my wife.)

I have been doing a lot of reading on one of the RV forums and a good bit of folks' there seemed to prefer the Equalizer-type for their (non-raptor specific) tow vehicles. Not having to remove them to back up seemed to be one of the comments I read a lot of along with the ability to put more weight on the front wheels. Most there preferred the bar-style as opposed to the chain style.

I will add many on those forums were pulling big loads and most, if not all, were using a WDH on anything weighing over 1/2 of the tow capacity.

May want to hit forest river forums and ask there? (they are not just for forest river RV's as the name would imply)

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the BlueOx with #1100 bars. Pulled 35' trailer all over the U.S. Worked great and they are as tough as nails. Solid build.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am subbed to this thread because I am interested but will not vote because I haven't tried any of these (or any other WDH) -
I picked up a (much smaller and lighter than yours) travel trailer in May which ultimately led up to me getting a Raptor (my Explorer was piggish & was a good excuse for my wife.)

I have been doing a lot of reading on one of the RV forums and a good bit of folks' there seemed to prefer the Equalizer-type for their (non-raptor specific) tow vehicles. Not having to remove them to back up seemed to be one of the comments I read a lot of along with the ability to put more weight on the front wheels. Most there preferred the bar-style as opposed to the chain style.

I will add many on those forums were pulling big loads and most, if not all, were using a WDH on anything weighing over 1/2 of the tow capacity.

May want to hit forest river forums and ask there? (they are not just for forest river RV's as the name would imply)

Thanks for your feedback. I am buying a Forest River Rockwood Mini Lite, so I should probably join their forum anyway for trailer related questions.

I read something similar about 1/2 the tow capacity and others that said towing anything over 5K lbs will benefit from using one. None of the ones I am considering require you to remove them when backing up and Anderson claims theirs does not make noise like most of the others because there are no bars rubbing together.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used the BlueOx with #1100 bars. Pulled 35' trailer all over the U.S. Worked great and they are as tough as nails. Solid build.

Thanks! They seem to have pretty good ratings on most sites.

Have you had issues with the chains? Also, what size did you use for the bumper height adjustment on your Raptor?