Best tune for a stock 2010 5.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fitzmotor

Reaction score
First, I have searched on here for hours, it seems that the 5 Star is popular, but some post were older, I went as far as to take a tally of props on the different tuners, 5* and JDM had the most, the choices are many, Livernois, ST, SVC, SCT and 5 star, there others too, but these seem to be the most popular.

The truck is stock except the Borla exhaust, of the tunes, my goal is performance obviously, but really the trans and the sloppy gas pedal is top of the list of needed improvement.

So it's 2021 has much changed with tuners, most of the info I read was dated from 2011-2015, I'm leaning toward 5 Star, anybody have any input toward another source? If so why, I should add I have to run that wonderfully crappy California gasoline.

I do want improved shifts, but not too harsh and the same for the throttle, not hair trigger or over sensitive, I seen a few complaints on both here.

Thanks in advance for any input, good or bad, let it fly.

OP
OP
F

fitzmotor

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, I read posts that thought JDM were really good on the supercharged stuff and I see you are SC, if you were NA would you have still have the same opinion?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go with JDM, they have proven themselves over and over again as one of the best. I've rarely heard anything bad about them. 5 star was topnotch for the gen1 early on and then eventually some owners started to complain.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, I read posts that thought JDM were really good on the supercharged stuff and I see you are SC, if you were NA would you have still have the same opinion?
I'm running The Whipple Tune, it's more aggressive than the JDM Tune.
I've been around here for a long time and from all the feed back from JDM has been great with their smooth transmission shifts.
Whether NA or SC.

SVC was the best Tune but the Tuner they used moved on and upward.
So no more Tunes from SVC.