Best tonneau cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to know the weight capacity of the RetraxPRO XR with the cross bars installed?
Not sure on the cross bars. Think that depends on which brand you go with and their capacities. But the cover itself I believe is rated for 300lbs of weight on top dispersed across the whole thing. That’s the PRO version

Reaction score
Not sure on the cross bars. Think that depends on which brand you go with and their capacities. But the cover itself I believe is rated for 300lbs of weight on top dispersed across the whole thing. That’s the PRO version
Thank you. This makes sense after seeing that the rail system and crossbars are mounted above the bed itself taking on the weight. Appreciate the reply.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The shipping weight of the RetraxPro XR is 90 lbs
Where the Diamondback HD is 160 lbs
The max weight of the Diamondback depends on the model (shipping wieght does not equal topper weight)

The SE looks to be 90#

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I can find, the Yakima HD bars with the skyline mounts and the Rhino Rack bars/mounts are rated at 220 lbs mounted on the tonneau cover.

Pinned

Reaction score
I have an UltraFlex hard folding cover that's in great shape - it'll be coming off the truck next month when I put a shell on. It's got integrated in bed lighting, gas struts, etc. If anyone wants it in Southern California feel free to PM me - glad to sell it for half of new.

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested in knowing the weight difference between the DB HD and the Retrax. I bet it is significant and the Raptor already has a low payload rating.

my F450’s have 8’ beds, and the diamondback hd has to weigh in close to 150lbs give or take. The front and back folding section gotta be around 75lbs each. I could lift/move them around but def. needed 2 people to lift and install. And center section was probably 15lb or so.

With the raptor having a shorter bed it would be lighter, but I bet it still weighs around 125 lbs or so. No getting around the heavy duty build quilaity and weight of the diamondback

I’m with you on overall payload considerations.
The retrax has to be lighter…I’ve seen people installing them with one person so maybe they are in the 75lb range? So 50lb difference.

Duck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First time Raptor owner here, so, as usual, I want to pick your brains so I make a smart decision. I am not ordering a tonneau cover with my Gen 3 build because I will be damned if a dumb cover holds up my build. Also, I have to imagine there are better options than the three or so Ford has on the B&P.

What is the best cover for a Raptor on the aftermarket? I want something that looks good, is secure, and is practical (doesn't take up too much bed real estate when it is open).

Thanks in advance.

ive had retrax and rollnlock. Retrax is better of two and I like security, dryness, durability and low profile. Only drawback imo is the slight loss of bed that houses the cover but most of the time it’s irrelevant

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ended up going with the Ford hard folding cover that is painted. It arrived at the dealership about 3 weeks ago...so now I just need the truck to be built!Bedcover.jpg