Best tonneau cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I posted that I did a Forum search for Peragon. I found the thread you talking about. Thanks. Lots of good videos on YouTube about these covers.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the Leer HF650M? Now I’m torn between the Leer and the Peragon.
That Leer has same issue as many other fold ones that made me say no. fold all the way up and your blocked out the back window. why i was looking hard at the peragon and the retrax. Peragon has the one issue of opening if the bed is completely loaded up to the hilt, which gave me pause. The Retrax PRO XR has the T-slots so you can add a rack system to it. I realized there will be hardly ever a time when i need the full bed space where the Retrax would be in the way, I don't haul much, I don't have 4 wheelers or dirt bikes. So I settled on the Retrax XR through my dealer.

Reaction score
I'm surprised I'm not seeing many Diamondback recommendations. Seems robust, has a high load threshold and multiple configurations. They also partner with Front Runner so you can get a rack installed for a roof top tent, MT bike, cases, etc. I think I'm going with an HD version.

Thrush

Reaction score
I'm still going back and forth between Diamondback and the Renegade cover. Looking to eventually put a tent on top and want to keep the bed fairly water tight to use as an "extended trunk".

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have whatever the newest Retrax is with the rail system and aluminum slats. I like it a lot because it seems the most secure.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea we may have took over the truck topper thread by accident but we were talking about the diamondback on there. I changed my mind from the retrax pro xr to the diamondback hd

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is wrong with the Factory option?
I think if the factory provides such an option, why not take it and rather spend the time on searching some actually good looking 37s :D

View attachment 180140
An extra $700 is the only thing wrong with the factory option. I bet both tops are probably made in the same factory !! Leer quad fold $995.
There are plenty of other mod's you can do for that $700.....

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 84

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diamond back covers are great. Awesome quality. I have of two of their HD covers on our work 450‘s. Been on our trucks since 2012 and have held up great.

The biggest consideration to take into account with the diamond backs are if you wish to haul anything where you need open bed/above the rail access Is that it takes some time and removing pieces. The center section (on the hd cover anyway) stays bolted in position. front and back sections pop open, and the rear section can be folded over onto the front fairly easily to give the rear open access.

I don’t need above the rail bed access in these trucks, and obviously can hold a ton of weight on top.
but if you need to haul a dirtbike or move a refrigerator they aren’t as easy to just “open” as a traditional.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy again.
however on my raptor I will be going the American worker or retrax since I want a little more flexibility.

OP
OP
ganooch

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diamond back covers are great. Awesome quality. I have of two of their HD covers on our work 450‘s. Been on our trucks since 2012 and have held up great.

The biggest consideration to take into account with the diamond backs are if you wish to haul anything where you need open bed/above the rail access Is that it takes some time and removing pieces. The center section (on the hd cover anyway) stays bolted in position. front and back sections pop open, and the rear section can be folded over onto the front fairly easily to give the rear open access.

I don’t need above the rail bed access in these trucks, and obviously can hold a ton of weight on top.
but if you need to haul a dirtbike or move a refrigerator they aren’t as easy to just “open” as a traditional.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy again.
however on my raptor I will be going the American worker or retrax since I want a little more flexibility.
I am interested in knowing the weight difference between the DB HD and the Retrax. I bet it is significant and the Raptor already has a low payload rating.