Best tonneau cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had issues on my last road trip with my BAK MX4 leaking in the middle. I have had it on the truck since June 23. I had a BAK G2 before that on my Titan that had no issues at all. I contacted BAK support and they had me take a video of the leak (I ran a water hose over the top) and they are shipping me a replacement cover. It appears to me that it was running into the right side edge, down inside and across that first folding seam and dripping down. Was not draining into the channel like it should. We will see how this replacement goes!
I had a BAK X4 when I lived in Florida. 2 years into the Florida heat and humidity, the felt liner had completely failed and the rubber gaskets were fried. I was still in the warranty period and was 50/50 if I was going to ask for a replacement since I abused the hell out of it by leaving it in direct Florida sun for 2 years. BAK asked for 3 pictures and shipped a replacement the same day. Not only that but they sent me a MX4 since I was doubtful the X4 could handle my abuse.

They are great to their customers.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a BAK X4 when I lived in Florida. 2 years into the Florida heat and humidity, the felt liner had completely failed and the rubber gaskets were fried. I was still in the warranty period and was 50/50 if I was going to ask for a replacement since I abused the hell out of it by leaving it in direct Florida sun for 2 years. BAK asked for 3 pictures and shipped a replacement the same day. Not only that but they sent me a MX4 since I was doubtful the X4 could handle my abuse.

They are great to their customers.
Real Truck has amazing customer service.

I had a cover that was peeling and I originally called for a repair kit. They said they can replace it so I sent a few picks and I had a replacement a couple of days later.

chadinokc

Reaction score
That's awesome they replaced it. Makes me feel good about their warranty.

Did they replace the entire top cover?

To my surprise, they sent a completely new bed cover kit (rails and all). They did tell me in a separate email that I had to drill a few holes in the old one and send some pics and they would re-instate my warranty. Good stuff! I am hoping this one will be a winner!

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As long as we are talking about customer service, when I bought my diamondback it had a flaw in the way a hinge was welded causing a portion of the cover on one side to show daylight straight through. Called them, took pic, and a new cover was shipped.