Best Tint For Heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Butler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what would the best tint for heat reduction. I’m in Florida so no further explanation is required.

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
For heat, Ceramic. Seems to be an agreement which makes it pretty easy to decide. I went with Carbon which gives a darker appearance that comes closer to matching the factory tint of the back windows but radiant heat was not as big of a concern.

Abrax01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did ceramic on my truck. Love it. It's black so it's going to get pretty warm inside no matter what, but the ceramic tint cuts down on it significantly.

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did ceramic on the two front windows and the windshield. It’s made a big difference. Minimal light blocking in front, lots on the sides. In FL consider doing the sunroof if you’ve got one.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did ceramic on the two front windows and the windshield. It’s made a big difference. Minimal light blocking in front, lots on the sides. In FL consider doing the sunroof if you’ve got one.
I did 35% ceramic on the moonroof and they told me if you go any darker it will crack the glass, other then that the heat reduction was huge.