Best suspension for onroad ride quality?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bilstein Shocks 5100 that I ordered from 4wheelonline gave my truck a smoother and quieter ride on highways and even in rough roads.
troll post.. the 5100 is a downgrade over factory suspension in so many ways
they also don't make them for the gen2 raptors

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here's an update. I bought and installed live valve takeoffs with the RPG delete kit on my 2017. A few observations on how these perform on a 2017:

1. Bolt right up, no issues at all with fitment.
2. They are taller than the 2017 struts. The ride height with the live valve struts from a 2020 is the same as my ride height from 2017 WITH the 1.25" RPG collars installed. I believe the spring in live valve struts is taller - attaching part number comparison if anyone's curious.
3. They ride a little plusher/softer than my 2017s. I imagine that could also be related to not having the RPG collars that increase preload in the old struts.

Overall, a solid option for older raptor owners if you can get your hands on takeoffs.

Thanks to everyone in this thread who helped me think through this. Appreciate it.

Last edited: