GEN 2 Best sounding catback exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyleM

Reaction score
Hey guys I recently installed a KOOKS green catted downpipe on my truck and I love it, I was looking at the Roush catback system though isn’t that the same as Borla? I’m going to SEMA and figured I should maybe wait to decide to see if anyone comes out with something new? COBB might release a catback I hear....any opinions I’d appreciate.

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have kooks downpipes with cats, turbo adapters, and welded in a 3" magnaflow muffler and there is no more rasp, the tone is deeper, and it is actually quieter at full throttle than the stock muffler. No point getting a full catback, IMO. It's perfect now.

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I recently installed a KOOKS green catted downpipe on my truck and I love it, I was looking at the Roush catback system though isn’t that the same as Borla? I’m going to SEMA and figured I should maybe wait to decide to see if anyone comes out with something new? COBB might release a catback I hear....any opinions I’d appreciate.

Do you have the SPD turbo adapters also?

I have the same Kooks downpipe as you + SPD turbo adapters. I wouldn't want mine any louder than it is now. I would like less rasp. The Corsa catback was tempting, but since it would only save 6 lbs. vs. OEM, I do not feel it is worth it.

I am planning to keep OEM catback, and just run KHC tail pipe turn downs when I do the rear bumper.

Kind of wishing I had done SPD catless (off road) downpipe at this point.

1badjk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have kooks downpipes with cats, turbo adapters, and welded in a 3" magnaflow muffler and there is no more rasp, the tone is deeper, and it is actually quieter at full throttle than the stock muffler. No point getting a full catback, IMO. It's perfect now.
Any sound clips of your setup?

DF105

Reaction score
I read your post and thought "hell yeah, that's what I want!" except I live in CA and was disappointed as usual when I read the Kooks fine print.

TYRCS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out these V6 mustang's
Anyone figure out how too get a Gen2 Raptor to sound like this ?
Yeah the cam tune is not important
But dam these sound mean overall for V6

Watch "MPT Ghost Cam Tune with Revs - V6 Mustang 3.7 2012" on YouTube

Watch "Loudest 2013 V6 Mustang" on YouTube

TYRCS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lund Racing supposedly does it but he hates guys from California lol

Watch "2016 Mustang Ecoboost Lund Tuned" on YouTube

The second video on my first post, I dont think that guy has a ghost tune, I'm more impressed by the overall setup these dudes are running, Headers, Downpipes, Muffler type.
There has to be a way to make it sound like the second video I posted. That is one nasty
V6

Watch "Loudest 2013 V6 Mustang" on YouTube

Cant believe no one has come up with anything yet for the gen 2?. This V6 mustang makes are V6 gen 2's sound like a little faggy quireboys band lol

Last edited: