Best SoCal trails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bviperd

Reaction score
Reporting back from our Mojave trip last weekend:

First off - I am totally impressed with the truck. I can't believe how much fun it was and how well the truck did. I put it in Baja Mode and it took everything we threw at it. So much fun!

As for the trip: We met up at the Shell in Mojave off the 14 to fuel up and air down. After a quick safety briefing we hit the trail. There were five trucks total. I was the only one who had a completely stock raptor. I bought a handheld Beufang on Amazon so I could communicate with the group.

I’ll post a screen shot of the LeadNav route.

My friend in his 2018 Lead foot lead the pack and called out any potential hazards which was a huge help. We ended up at a Cuddeback Dry Lake bed for some drag racing and doughnuts. That was a blast. Then we paralleled 395 down a narrow stretch of trail. After that we paralleled a railroad track to Edwards AFB and had lunch near the B52. After that we paralleled the railroad track for a while back to just about where we started.

Since the run I’ve ordered the GJ Third Brake Light mount with amber chase lights - those are invaluable on the trail. I also ordered the fog light kit and S8 Light Bar so that trucks ahead of me can see me behind them.

One other thing I ordered is an iCom radio from PCI.

Overall I was amazed that a bone stock truck could do what the Raptor did. I can’t wait for the next run!

This forum has been a huge help for my decision making on what to buy and how to install. I plan to document the install of my lights and try to give back to the Raptor community as much as possible.

Special thanks to 4x4truckleds.com for all of the help putting together my order and being so responsive to all of my questions! I highly recommend dealing with them!

SuperExplorer

Reaction score
Did you guys take twenty mule team across the Cal City area, then hop over 395 to get to the lakebed? We have spent a lot of time in Cal City, very fun area. Next time cut up to Randsburg and check out the White House Saloon and The Joint.

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gorman, Azusa, Santiago canyon, Cleghorn, Frasier, Anza, Valley of the Moon