Best security device for Raptor 2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another option i have done a few times in the past is a secondary button (insert technical stuff here) you have to push the button and then start the vehicle at the same time. so for push button start, you have to hold the secondary button while pushing the start button. vehicle wont start without that process, yet anyone looking at the button would have no idea what it does. usually its under the dash hidden, yet easy to access. you would lose the ability to remote start the vehicle, however an aftermarket alarm system can work with it

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
another option i have done a few times in the past is a secondary button (insert technical stuff here) you have to push the button and then start the vehicle at the same time. so for push button start, you have to hold the secondary button while pushing the start button. vehicle wont start without that process, yet anyone looking at the button would have no idea what it does. usually its under the dash hidden, yet easy to access. you would lose the ability to remote start the vehicle, however an aftermarket alarm system can work with it

Not sure about other vehicles, but Gen 2 requires you to still press the start button even when you remote start. Instead of adding a button, would it work to just move the start button? That said, I do like the idea of 2 buttons at the same time to prevent short armed thieves, or family members, from taking the truck.

OP
OP
MarceloDV

MarceloDV

Reaction score
I have to say something but I hope it doesn't hurt some of your feelings.

If you can afford a 60 70 80 90k truck. Why is your truck outside or in an area that you cannot trust (cities, blue states). I'm seriously trying to understand this.

Yes you might say, well "I want to be protected when I travel" and I get it. For the 95% of the time you stay at your house. Why is your 90k truck outside or in an area that you cannoot trust?

Save that 90k and move to the country if you can afford to people. And stop getting so much Starbucks, its robbing you of your god given brain lol.

Disclaimer: I could care less about your feelings. Hugs.
Well, you have to think a little more than that. I live in Chile, wich is a very prehistoric country compares to USA. My ex truck was stolen in a street one block away from a medical center, in the almost heart of the city (Santiago, the capital). A lot of Fords here are getting stole via mugglers. You go on the street, a car crosses you and 4 guys get out at gunpoint who force you to get off and take your vehicle. And it is very difficult to obtain weapons here as a civilian. That's why am asking this. But hey, thanks anyway for your comment. i really appreciate it.
So, the ravelco it is. I will search it if is available here in my country. Thanks a lot guys.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Well, you have to think a little more than that. I live in Chile, wich is a very prehistoric country compares to USA. My ex truck was stolen in a street one block away from a medical center, in the almost heart of the city (Santiago, the capital). A lot of Fords here are getting stole via mugglers. You go on the street, a car crosses you and 4 guys get out at gunpoint who force you to get off and take your vehicle. And it is very difficult to obtain weapons here as a civilian. That's why am asking this. But hey, thanks anyway for your comment. i really appreciate it.
So, the ravelco it is. I will search it if is available here in my country. Thanks a lot guys.
For this scenario, you should really have a remote kill switch. Let them get out of rifle range and kill the engine from afar.

jhouse55

Reaction score
For this scenario, you should really have a remote kill switch. Let them get out of rifle range and kill the engine from afar.
Do you know of any vendors for this? Would it be useless if they turned off the modem on the truck? Sounds interesting.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So where would you splice in for said switch?
Back when I did car alarms, we would wire simple kill switches with a relay normally open state. The only way to close the relay (allow you car to start) was to push the UP function on the drivers window.

simple, hidden, no "switches" to install / drill into panels.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the life of me I can't remember which button it was but I had something similar on my 2003 Evo. ECUFlash allowed you to program holding down one of the HVAC buttons (or the like) while starting. Otherwise the fuel pump would not receive power. Was pretty slick. Wish the raptor ecu was so heavily deconstructed. I had adjustable RPM launch control/no lift to shift (5 speed), and a host of other features.

I rememember buying a kit from someone here to wire my tailgate release to an upfitter or other switch. Wonder if someone might like to offer a "kit" like you are describing for those like me who can follow instructions, but has no business trying to be creative in wiring on a vehicle this sophisticated.

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with @FordTechOne - a kill switch of some sort. Could be an inexpensive hidden kill switch.

I have the Ravelco which is just an expensive kill switch. What I like is that it is conspicuous which, in my opinion has a greater chance for a thief to walk away. The Ravelco window sticker helps too.

View attachment 367047

Only con to the Ravelco is it’s size. Ravelco or hidden kill switch is useless unless you unplug/turn off.

View attachment 367048
I just lock the plug in my console safe to avoid carrying it.
Mine is mounted lower on the kick panel and not obvious, and I don't have window stickers lol.