Best security device for Raptor 2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarceloDV

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Does anyone have any recomendations for a security device for a Raptor 2020?. I used to have a 2018 Raptor that was stolen in a street via key cloning.
I try to install an OBD Block the other day in my raptor but it was a mess. After the installation nothing was working on the screen and it showed many errors on the console. I had to go back.
I heard about a device called Igla, but i think is a little invasive. So guys i don't know. I suffered with the first theft of my truck and I don't want the same thing to happen so any recommendation will be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Does anyone have any recomendations for a security device for a Raptor 2020?. I used to have a 2018 Raptor that was stolen in a street via key cloning.
I try to install an OBD Block the other day in my raptor but it was a mess. After the installation nothing was working on the screen and it showed many errors on the console. I had to go back.
I heard about a device called Igla, but i think is a little invasive. So guys i don't know. I suffered with the first theft of my truck and I don't want the same thing to happen so any recommendation will be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
I have a pouch that blocks frequencies from my key so they can't intercept my trucks keys.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My recommendation would be to install a hidden “kill” switch in the push button start power circuit.
If I'd listen to anybody on this subject, it would be him /\

@FordTechOne would you know off the top of your head the demands placed on said switch in that circuit?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I'd listen to anybody on this subject, it would be him /\

@FordTechOne would you know off the top of your head the demands placed on said switch in that circuit?
It’s a low current switch, it just provides voltage to the PCM and BCM for the start/stop request. The switch receives power from circuit SBP18, Fuse F18 in the BCM.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with @FordTechOne - a kill switch of some sort. Could be an inexpensive hidden kill switch.

I have the Ravelco which is just an expensive kill switch. What I like is that it is conspicuous which, in my opinion has a greater chance for a thief to walk away. The Ravelco window sticker helps too.

096EBA30-9D7C-4398-9CF7-BF337F2F0AEE.jpeg

Only con to the Ravelco is it’s size. Ravelco or hidden kill switch is useless unless you unplug/turn off.

58B2F1B3-754F-408F-B426-DC4570F24CEC.jpeg