Best security device for Raptor 2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WireNutz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best would be Ravelco. Next would be a kill switch. I would do the kill switch myself, pretty easy to find a hiding spot for one on these trucks.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to say something but I hope it doesn't hurt some of your feelings.

If you can afford a 60 70 80 90k truck. Why is your truck outside or in an area that you cannot trust (cities, blue states). I'm seriously trying to understand this.

Yes you might say, well "I want to be protected when I travel" and I get it. For the 95% of the time you stay at your house. Why is your 90k truck outside or in an area that you cannoot trust?

Save that 90k and move to the country if you can afford to people. And stop getting so much Starbucks, its robbing you of your god given brain lol.

Disclaimer: I could care less about your feelings. Hugs.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you can afford a 60 70 80 90k truck. Why is your truck outside or in an area that you cannot trust (cities, blue states). I'm seriously trying to understand this.

Yes you might say, well "I want to be protected when I travel" and I get it. For the 95% of the time you stay at your house. Why is your 90k truck outside or in an area that you cannoot trust?

Save that 90k and move to the country if you can afford to people. And stop getting so much Starbucks, its robbing you of your god given brain lol.

I’ve got that disclaimer as a decal for every snowflake that is behind me

Attachments

• 09EC04D0-E917-4A4B-B666-0B7ABB0A9C2C.jpeg
    09EC04D0-E917-4A4B-B666-0B7ABB0A9C2C.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 118

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I somewhat agree with this, but I don't think OP was expressing surprise, like he was unaware of the risk of theft. If you live in a neighborhood you don't trust, can't garage it, and want to go with a kill switch or whatever system as alternative, what's the problem?

I live in a suburban area that feels fairly secure. Garage won't fit the truck, and I feel ok with her being in the driveway. She's under camera watch 24/7. She might get stolen or damaged. Ok. That said, one of the reasons, one of many, that I won't be getting an R or any other limited, $100k+ vehicle is that I don't have the means to properly take care of it, nor the desire to. Nothing against people who do.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely get it.

But you're also in TEXAS. The state of, shoot first ask later lol.
Amen. There’s not a single shthead out there that’s going to stop and ask anyone anything before making a victim out of them so two can play that game. Not much of a leap from stealing a truck from your driveway to going into your house next time. Makes it a bit more difficult for him to do it he’s gotta rely on a breathing tube. But what do I know lol