Best Rain Tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I'm approaching 50,000 miles on my Raptor, I've been looking through the threads for the best tire. There are a lot of great options: Toyo, KO2, Nitto, etc. However, most topics cover mud, noise, snow, aggressive look, etc. but I'm interested in best performance in rain first. Can I assume the best for mud would also be the best for rain?

I still have a good amount of tread on my original KO's, but my wheels were spinning yesterday during a rain storm. Florida has a lot of rain and I do a lot of highway miles.

Thanks

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
can't complain with the duratracs in the rain. However, when they start to get low, they act as slicks!

Have you looked into the Faulken Wildpeeks?

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
+1 the new Falken AT looks like it would do well in the rain. The Nitto Exo Grappler looks like it would also be a solid rain tire.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goodyear Duratracs. Softer compound and plenty of sipping. All I can compare to is the stock BFGs which felt sketchy on wet curves. The Duratracs feel planted and predictable especially in wet conditions. They do wear quick, and are average offroad.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got Hankook Dynapro ATMs. They have a lot of siping compared to the stock BFGs. I think they do well in the rain even after 30k miles I am still pleased.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I've had the BFGs, Falken wild peaks where excellent, and just now Toyo RTs. Chance of rain, let you know.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Match the tires to your driving style.
Switching from a set of DuraTracs to KO2s was a big disappointment.
Sold them to a fellow member here from CA and he was happy with them.