Best Place to List Raptor for Sale?

What is the Best Place to List a Modified Raptor for Sale?

• Autotrader

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Craigslist

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • This Forum

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Other, please list in comments

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the crazy prices on used Raptors, I am considering selling my 2018 which has a good amount of modifications. (See my build thread in signature) I have finished the build on my 2021 Tremor, so I really do not need two trucks, plus my GT350.

What are the best websites to list a modified Raptor for sale?

For those who have recently purchased a used Raptor, what sites did you use and which ones did you prefer?

I am considering the following:

1. Autotrader - I checked last night and there are "zero" 2018 Raptors being offered by private sellers within 200 miles of my zip code. (that could be good or bad...) There are 53 listed by dealers, but the ones with modifications have very little details, other than to say they are the best dealership to buy from, blah, blah... :( Most of the modified ones would never pass muster on this site.

2. Craigslist - There are very few Raptors listed for sale in my area and it does not really feel like the best place to list a low mileage truck with many modifications. I sold my last two cars on Craigslist, but that was several years ago and before Covid and all this craziness in the market. I also purchased my Shelby from a local guy on Craigslist early last year, but I think the only reason it was still for sale was because Craigslist was the only place he had it listed... haha! (It is a beautiful car and I got it for a great price compared to others I was considering...)

3. This forum - I prefer to sell it local in Texas because I do not want to deal with shipping companies or cross-state issues, but I might list it here as an easy place to refer people for more details. Plus, most people on this forum already have their Raptors, so it will be like going to your neighbors house that is for sale to compare it with your own, in case you want to sell at a later time. ;)

Also, I have never had a Facebook account, but my wife does, so I am not sure if their market place makes sense.

I am open to all three options or ideas that others have used to sell or buy their Raptors recently.

metaphysician

Reaction score
Option D - all of the above. Maybe eBay too. When I list something, I do the shotgun blast approach and list everywhere to optimize exposure. Only costs a few bucks to list on some of these sites, if not free. I believe Craigslist starting charging $5 for vehicle listings to help weed out scammers/spammers. You're not likely to get your money back on mods, but there may be a buyer that wants your mods and it's a win-win.

hdvvraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have Instagram ive seen trucks sell quick on @offroadloans_com and @dezerttrucks....im debating on selling my built raptor and cash in on the equity too but there is nothing out there that compares or i want to replace it with

fftfk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are interested in auctioning the car with a reserve you can try bringatrailer.com or carsandbids.com.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TFL bids sounds like they’re trying to create a site for us. I don’t think bring a Porsche/trailer gets a raptor crowd. I did sell a car on bring a trailer and everything went smooth

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will find that a more or less stock raptor will sell quicker than a "built" Raptor at an inflated price. Your likely better off removing the modifications and selling them in the secondary market as you will get a fraction of what you paid for them if you leave them on the truck. Things that you added that you felt were worth the investment will most likely be unimportant to the next guy with the possible exception of someone on a enthusiast forum such as this.

Goosed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with above - cast a wide net. However to sell yourself is not a fun process. You’ll get tons of people that will waste so much of your time. Depending on what you have (Year, miles, etc) consider getting values from Carvana, Vroom, and givemethevin. I just sold my 2020 Wrangler to Carvana with 12k miles for almost $1,000 more than MSRP new.

Goosed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will find that a more or less stock raptor will sell quicker than a "built" Raptor at an inflated price. Your likely better off removing the modifications and selling them in the secondary market as you will get a fraction of what you paid for them if you leave them on the truck. Things that you added that you felt were worth the investment will most likely be unimportant to the next guy with the possible exception of someone on a enthusiast forum such as this.

100% correct. Carvana offered me $2,000 less with my mods. I removed them and sold them on the side.

stock Raptors are pulling a premium over modified. For example looked at a stock 17 with 42k miles for $59k (Insane) and then a 17 with 35k miles with stupid rough stickers and wheels and it was $53k. Both were nice trucks but mods sometimes screams I beat this truck.

anothervr6kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually do the free ones first and if no luck within a week or two, I post on paid sites... Most of my luck was with craigslist when it was free and e-bay (I think they give you 4 postings for cars a year for free). I've used offerup and it was okay... mostly super low offers. I haven't used facebook marketplace (I don't have facebook), but my buddy always sends me cool stuff from there.

My last truck, I went to Autonation to see what they would offer and it was what I wanted so I sold it to them. I usually check with them and Carmax to see what they offer if I don't want to deal with people.