Best Mod's for a Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaptalk

Reaction score
Hi -
Just bought my first raptor which is a Gen 3 2022 in Black. I would be grateful if members could give advice on what are the best upgrades including air intake and wheels, etc. Thanks.
Jeremy

OP
OP
S

Shaptalk

Reaction score
It is primarily a show truck that will be used in a city environment. I want to black out much of it and put better wheels on with 35's. I also want to increase speed without messing with the mechanical parts. I contacted Hennessey but it appears they have a lot of bad feedback. Thanks for all thoughts.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is primarily a show truck that will be used in a city environment. I want to black out much of it and put better wheels on with 35's. I also want to increase speed without messing with the mechanical parts. I contacted Hennessey but it appears they have a lot of bad feedback. Thanks for all thoughts.
@GooseTuned Will be able to help with the speed department. Idk if the Gen3 tunes are released yet but lots of positive feedback for his work.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi -
Just bought my first raptor which is a Gen 3 2022 in Black. I would be grateful if members could give advice on what are the best upgrades including air intake and wheels, etc. Thanks.
Jeremy
There is quite a bit you can do to these trucks, but it all comes down to personal preference. The intake is viewed by the majority as a waste of money due to the stock air box being ideal for the setup. The tunes from Goosetuned and Cobb aren't out yet but should be soon. Typically, a tune and an intercooler are the best bang for your buck. Wheels are a total personal choice, but most will advise to go with a 17" wheel with a 0 offset for the best appearance and performance. 0 offset will give you the slight poke past the fenders but still be usable for offroad use if you ever venture into that world. Any more offset than that and you're risking your fenders if you ever go off road. Speaking from experience not all but most raptor owners tend to swap to 37" tires eventually and 0 offset will allow that while the more aggressive offset will cause rubbing issues.

carydean

Reaction score
The Raptor straight from the factory is pretty awesome as it is, and everybody wants more power. Contact the guys at Gearhead in Bryan, Texas. They have an awesome tune for the Raptor. I run it on my Gen 2 with 37's and have much better performance than stock with 35's.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think @Big Blue has done a credible Mod job here and think he’ll do a similarly good job as a Mod for the Jen Tres forums...

just sayin’