Best intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
What is the best aftermarket intercooler for the gen 2. I'm leaning towards the Whipple because Ford used it on the f22 F-150 raptor. Is there any good deals on an intercooler? Thanks for the help.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to build intercoolers for a living and I bought a svc. It is made by cbr one of the best charge cooler manufacturers to ever exist and the only intercooler that fits high up enough to fit their bumper. It also moves the EBOV to the intercooler end tank and has the shortest piping by far.

Realisticly though if you have stock turbos you'll be hard pressed to have issues with a stock intercooler.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
https://www.svcoffroad.com/product-page/2017-svcoffroad-i-c
There's a good recent discussion on the SVC I/C merits on FRF

as someone who has had the Full Race IC and now has the SVC Intercooler, I'd go SVC.

Why?

1. The SVC IC tucks WAYYYYYY tighter.

2. The SVC IC relocates the blow off valve to the upper Driver's side corner of the IC. The Full Race IC has the BOV all the way at the bottom where it can get the crap kicked out of it.

3. The inlet and outlet on the svc IC are angled back, whichallows the piping and elbows to tuck up way higher.

4. the cruise control bracket on the SVC is way more thought out.

5. You don't have to stretch the wires ( for the BOV and Cruise control sensor) at all with the SVC. You have to unclip them and reroute them on the Full Race.

So far, I'm not seeing more than 3-4 degrees difference ( warmer ) out of the SVC when compared to the full race. ( when comparing ambient air temp to IAT)

That is a pretty negligible difference IMO. I'm happily taking that trade off.

I'll be able to report more emphatically after TRR.

D4C

Reaction score
as someone who has had the Full Race IC and now has the SVC Intercooler, I'd go SVC.

Why?

2. The SVC IC relocates the blow off valve to the upper Driver's side corner of the IC. The Full Race IC has the BOV all the way at the bottom where it can get the crap kicked out of it.

3. The inlet and outlet on the svc IC are angled back, whichallows the piping and elbows to tuck up way higher.

5. You don't have to stretch the wires ( for the BOV and Cruise control sensor) at all with the SVC. You have to unclip them and reroute them on the Full Race.

So far, I'm not seeing more than 3-4 degrees difference ( warmer ) out of the SVC when compared to the full race. ( when comparing ambient air temp to IAT)

Does this fit with the stock bumper?

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Why?

1- i dont disagre , theres also more cutting of the oem to allow the svc to allow it to fit tighter

2- not everyone will run a aftermarket bov and might want to keep the stock bov thats a monstrosity anyway.

3- the difference is minimal having seen both there is more then enough clearance on both

4- you mean the adaptive cruise control bracket and yes the svc is a little bit more thought out but are we really going to buy a IC cause of the add bracket?

5- i did not strech any wires ,to reorute them takes literally 5 seconds

Ok now why buy a Full race

1 - the only real reason you need is; it cools better

2 install is easy and great support from full race if you run into problems

3- parts are ridiculously hogh quality

4- minimal cutting unlike svc

5- fits stock bumper beautifully

I dont have any affiliation with full race but
Many here get better deals to post about products they buy. Svc is not a btter product sorry i disagree

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Does this fit with the stock bumper?

yes

1- i dont disagre , theres also more cutting of the oem to allow the svc to allow it to fit tighter

2- not everyone will run a aftermarket bov and might want to keep the stock bov thats a monstrosity anyway.

3- the difference is minimal having seen both there is more then enough clearance on both

4- you mean the adaptive cruise control bracket and yes the svc is a little bit more thought out but are we really going to buy a IC cause of the add bracket?

5- i did not strech any wires ,to reorute them takes literally 5 seconds

Ok now why buy a Full race

1 - the only real reason you need is; it cools better

2 install is easy and great support from full race if you run into problems

3- parts are ridiculously hogh quality

4- minimal cutting unlike svc

5- fits stock bumper beautifully

1. as stated, it is a marginal difference in cooling capability.
2. In my experience, full race technical support isnt the best. every time i call SVC, i get to talk to someone very knowledgeable. they dont make excuses like "sorry we got busy because X is coming up".

3. As are SVCs.

4. so does the SVC.

Now, SVC's IC does tuck up and in considerably more. This is important for frame cut bumpers.

SVC's requires literally an extra 3 inch x 2 inch square to be cut out of the grill.

I'm running the factory BOV with my SVC. works great!

and lastly, if youre replacing the IC anyway, why WOULDNT you consider how well the brackets are thought out ?

Like I said, I have the Full Race IC that I JUST took off my truck sitting in the corner. I know it is high quality and I know it is "nice". I bought it.

I like the SVC more.