Best Intercooler for Stock Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mph6779

Reaction score
Hmm now I’m torn between Cobb and Garrett, especially since I live here in Texas.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've got Garrett, COBB, and AMS in stock for factory location. Wagner should be back in the next few days. Feel free to send me a message if you'd like a quote.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How do the Garrett, Cobb, and AMS compare in person in terms of core size and quality?

AMS is the thickest, but almost too thick at 5.5"...it does cause some problems with certain aftermarket bumpers that are very tight fitting like the ADD PRO Bolt On. If you plan to keep stock bumper, it's not a bad option at all. Garrett is hair thinner at 5.32". They've not been super popular so I don't have a ton of feedback on the fitment. But I do know that Garrett is a quality brand we've never had issues with any of their other parts on other vehicles. They're the only mfg that's actually got bolt-in aftermarket turbos for these trucks right now. COBB is our go-to and our most popular but that's just because we trust the quality. We've been selling COBB parts since the debuted for the Gen 2 and I've personally only had 1 issue with 1 intercooler since then and COBB made it right. COBB is the slimmest at 4.92" and we've not had any problem fitting them with aftermarket bumpers.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely do a search on this forum. Lots of info opinions and facts.
Intercoolers are a good thing. Cooler denser air is your friend.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoahE