Best Intercooler for Stock Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I live in a cold climate though, and they are intended to prevent condensation

Yes, which is why the shutters were designed to counter the condensation issues, hence the question if anyone is experiencing or has experienced any issues living a in cold/damp environment with the shutters removed.

Caveguru

Reaction score
why would Raptor's, or Ecoboost applications in general, have issues with condensation and where in the truck does this condensation occur? There are of course tens of models of other turbocharged and intercooled cars in cold climates that don't have shutters and that I've never heard of them having a problem. Personally had at least 3 subarus in freezing wet conditions for years with no issues. There does seem to be a lot of baffling on the front of the Raptor - maybe they mean ice buildup on the radiator and oil cooler?

Nate_Climb

Reaction score
Yes, which is why the shutters were designed to counter the condensation issues, hence the question if anyone is experiencing or has experienced any issues living a in cold/damp environment with the shutters removed.
Hoping to get an answer to this question as my truck will see 106 to -20 temps. Summer in Utah winter in Montana.

Beat intercooler that keeps the shutters, mishimoto?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the best stock location IMO would be wagner just due to the size of it. I’d go with that or the garrett unit which I think they make for stock location.

Raptus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with @nicksub1. The Garrett will be a little easier to install but not by mutch.
I have run stock, CVF and COBB.

I have a full-race for sale, never opened and I’ll be driving to Salt Lake City the week after next. The full-race is a FMIC without cooling fans.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
COBB, Wagner, and Garrett get my vote for stock location. Honorable mention to CVF as a great bang for the buck option.

We carry all of them, currently have COBB and CVF in stock. Wagner and Garrett are about 3 weeks out.