Best Intercooler for Stock Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big_Thick

Reaction score
if you want a better IC than OEM, AND you want it to fit in the stock location without any mods, get the CVF, right?

Yes, get the CVF. That's not saying there aren't other manufacturers out there (I believe there are others) but the quality of the unit and the excellent customer care make it an easy decision.

I installed the black version. It is so bad-ass...just wish I wasn't the only one who knows it's there!! But that's kinda the point, too.

Ryan Shanahan

Reaction score
CVF seems like solid choice.

I have to give props to JDM as well. Their Whipple Stage 1 setup with the Whipple Intercooler is beast, easy to install (no modifications, cutting, etc.), JDM support is top notch.

Raptus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very happy with my CVF. Very nicely manufactured and performs very well too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just drove through the Nevada desert with the CVS intercooler at 80 mph with a small trailer and the ambient temperature was 105 and the intake air temperature was 112 which surprised me. I thought it would be higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Was considering the Wagner, AMS, and now CVF. I’m assuming there won’t be any issue, but for those with the CVF, is anybody rocking the ADD Pro bolt on front bumper? Just want to make sure they will jive together. Thanks in advance

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was considering the Wagner, AMS, and now CVF. I’m assuming there won’t be any issue, but for those with the CVF, is anybody rocking the ADD Pro bolt on front bumper? Just want to make sure they will jive together. Thanks in advance

I'd be surprised if any issues with the "plug and play" intercoolers. I have a whipple IC and had zero issues installing the ADD bolt on bumper. I did both myself and were very straightforward. I would expect the same with the CVF IC.

Sweetlou1182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to do my IC soon, are there any on the market that would interfere with Multiple light bars behind the grille? I read all 34 pages and someone mentioned no issues with a 30” light bar but I just put in the dual M&R one which has the upper and lower LEDs. Looking to confirm,thanks