Best Intercooler for Stock Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The CVF was easy to install and I can feel the vehicle breathe a bit better.

I honestly think I need to get a different tune though; either I have a leak in my system or the truck doesn't seem as fast as I thought it would be with full downpipe back exhaust and intercooler.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The CVF was easy to install and I can feel the vehicle breathe a bit better.

I honestly think I need to get a different tune though; either I have a leak in my system or the truck doesn't seem as fast as I thought it would be with full downpipe back exhaust and intercooler.

Make sure traction control is off. It will limit boost more than you think even if it doesnt feel like it is spinning

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh really...

I will try that today, does that mean I have to be in 4A all the time? Remember, first truck, first turbo vehicle here.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about our (CVF) unit, a replacement lower coupler for the cold-side is included.

While there is no need to replace the intercooler piping we will soon be introducing a piping kit to complement the intercooler!

Jason,
You probably just sold me on your IC if your doing a piping kit.
What’s your expected time frame?
Looking at cold and hot side?

also looking for a black IC, Have a those ready yet?

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jason,
You probably just sold me on your IC if your doing a piping kit.
What’s your expected time frame?
Looking at cold and hot side?

also looking for a black IC, Have a those ready yet?

Happy to hear it!

We're expecting to have the units (including black) ready to ship by the end of the month (intercoolers) and at the very least the cold-side kit by the end of the year (we have to get these back-orders of intercoolers ready and build up stock to relieve the stock-issue once and for all first since we got a bit more love than we expected out of the market!).

Piping will be wrinkle black and we already had a customer throw up a review on another forum you can check out here -- just keep in mind these are not Raptor pipes but they will be similar (wrinkle black aluminum throughout):

https://www.f150ecoboost.net/threads/cvf-cold-and-hot-side-intercooler-piping.79821/#post-1268997

Maxxed Out

Reaction score
Happy to hear it!

We're expecting to have the units (including black) ready to ship by the end of the month (intercoolers) and at the very least the cold-side kit by the end of the year (we have to get these back-orders of intercoolers ready and build up stock to relieve the stock-issue once and for all first since we got a bit more love than we expected out of the market!).

Piping will be wrinkle black and we already had a customer throw up a review on another forum you can check out here -- just keep in mind these are not Raptor pipes but they will be similar (wrinkle black aluminum throughout):

https://www.f150ecoboost.net/threads/cvf-cold-and-hot-side-intercooler-piping.79821/#post-1268997

Looking forward to receiving mine. Will post up results.

Johnfaeglasgow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just can’t decide if I wanna go stock location or fmic... I would love to know what the comparison between a Mishimoto or CVF would be versus a Cobb or ADD fmic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro