Best Intercooler for Stock Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris_S

Reaction score
Nice to know they have a good rep in the Focus world.

They responded quickly to my request for installation instructions. Given the depth of the cooler is 7" (2.5" thicker than Whipple's) I figured the lower shutters would have to go, which they confirmed to me vie email. Their install instructions look pretty much like the other vendors, however they don't make mention at all of the shutter assembly, never mind how to remove it. I think the Garrett instructions cover the shutter removal quite well, but I wonder if there is anything else missing / undocumented?

I was just about settled on the Whipple, since it is proven, however I wouldn't have a problem forgoing the lower shutters for this beast - especially at the same price. I am just worried about installation headaches.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read all seven pages lol... This raptor is my first truck and second turbo vehicle (Soarer GT-T was first in England)

I have questions and observations.
Q:
1. Does a larger IC mean more cooling and more power?
2. Would it be wise to install the Turbosmart BOV at the same time?
3. Do we have DYNO proof of all of these random ICs' that were brought into the chat?

O:
1. Whipple and Mishi sound like the best fit
2. The others seem like we need to CUT things, but possibly made more power?

Conclusion: The general population does not want to cut into their trim to make an IC work, so why are manufacturers making these items that continuously do just that? What is the no shti bang for the buck IC.....