Best Intercooler for Stock Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IATs while cruising are meaningless. It’s WOT that matters.
not really, unless youre just goin from stop n go WOT, cruising temps matter cause if you go WOT from cruising, its better to start lower. Also im just a fan of having lower temps whenever possible.
I threw a killer chiller on my lightning that cools the intercooler fluid (water to air) with the AC, absolutely woke that truck up with the furnace kenne bell on it. Damn thing even with AFCO H/E was nearing 140* cruising here before i did that.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing the IC w/ an aftermarket one that installs & functions the same way as factory has no impact on warranty. Would installing a stronger (or additional) battery void warranty? Would installing a timken wheel bearing instead of fomoco void? Would installing a cat back void warranty?

Negative to all- I think a much more common, obvious, & actually legit reason for a dealer to mess w/ warranty if they wanted to be d***s would be larger 37” tires &/or wheels w/ funky offsets &/or perch style leveling kits.

The huge FMIC’S tho? Obvious “red flag” to the techs & im sure there are also legit issues ford could point to where they’d void for that (altering the grill/shutters, restricting the factory radiator, changing the location of cooler lines etc.
I hear ya, just erring on the safe side cause it feels sometimes they may look for the tiniest things to void warranties.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not really, unless youre just goin from stop n go WOT, cruising temps matter cause if you go WOT from cruising, its better to start lower. Also im just a fan of having lower temps whenever possible.
I threw a killer chiller on my lightning that cools the intercooler fluid (water to air) with the AC, absolutely woke that truck up with the furnace kenne bell on it. Damn thing even with AFCO H/E was nearing 140* cruising here before i did that.
What I mean is, with the OEM IC, at WOT temps will just go up. With a good IC, at WOT temps will go down.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to hear, been havin an itch to do somethin to my truck performance wise while not messing with the warranty too much, think a stock location ic is decently stealthy. What temps are you gettin from ambient? Think mine on hwy in fl is like 30-45* above, which from what im used to isnt terrible, but unlike my svt which pulls timing around 150* iat2, the raptor seems to pull it way earlier.
I haven’t really looked, but I could check for you soon on the COBB monitoring…..