Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Best High Lift Floor Jack?

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Johnkn, May 22, 2019.

1. Johnkn

Johnkn Full Access Member

Anyone have a suggestion for the best (lightweight) floor jack with enough lift to get a Raptor wheel off the ground? I feel like a shoe cobbler with no shoes LOL, I have (2) 4-post lifts one of which has front and rear hydraulic trolley lifts but I always have cars on them in those garage bays. Looking for higher lifting floor jack than those I currently have. Thanks...

2. wheelman55

wheelman55 Full Access Member

3. Johnkn

Johnkn Full Access Member

I'm familiar with the Arcan, does it really have enough lift? thanks

This one goes 21" , wondering if it would work.... you can raise the upper stand under the truck frame before pumping to take advantage of the full lift capacity.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  4. Aesconde

Aesconde Full Access Member

I have the jack or something similar you posted above. It’s not worth it considering it started leaking a few months into owning it.

I replaced it with a pro eagle. It’s expensive but works better than any jack I’ve used in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Buzzard2

Buzzard2 FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Harbor Freight Daytona Super Duty floor jack lifts to 23" (the yellow one only) HF is being sued by Snap on I believe there both made in the same plant or uses the same parts? But is highly rated by the Garage Journal Forum. I don't have one and generally don't buy tools from HF but I think I will pick one up maybe this weekend. There normal discount coupon does not apply to this floor Jack. Hopefully it is on sale this weekend.

Jonny V likes this.
  6. wheelman55

wheelman55 Full Access Member

Yep. The Arcan lifts enough for me to rotate the tires on my 2018 Raptor. Also works on my 1993 F250. I use a hockey puck on top of the Arcan jack for a cushion.

If you have the money the Pro Eagle is pretty sweet.

7. f150jack

f150jack Full Access Member

this is what I got, carry wooden blocks if need more lift. Storing it with out having to drill a mounting plate in my bed seems to be my issue now.

20190522_000431.jpg

Jonny V and HORN HIGH ACES like this.
  8. Badgertits

Badgertits Full Access Member

I have a low profile 3 ton harbor freight jack does not seem to be able to get the truck high enough to get tires off.

I mean you really need to get the front end up pretty high in particular to get a tire off the suspension has so much travel.

Makes me wonder if I’d even be able to get a spare changed on the road w/ the jacking kit that comes from the factory. Be fairly dangerous on anything but perfectly level tarmac too. Probably good idea to carry a heavy duty jack like the pro eagle or Napa or something in general.

Didn’t really consider this to be a problem until I tried to take off my front tires for better access to undercarriage while doing undercoating. Couldn’t do it, I did drive it up on ramps for better clearance working underneath on a creeper

9. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

10. Badgertits

Badgertits Full Access Member

Well the one I have is the lower tier “Pittsburg” brand I just checked the site says it also lifts to a max height of just under 20” - well I thought I had it up that high & still didn’t seem enough to get the front tire off. Rears are much easier.

Also- w/ the weight of this truck I probably should get a beefier/higher quality one anyhow that Pittsburg brand is fine for my 3000 lb vette but I didn’t feel great about how it handled the raptor anyhow.

So what is the min height needed to get a front tire off? 22”?