Best Front Suspension Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coyote Raptor

Reaction score
I am in the process of building out my Gen 2. I will eventually move to mid-travel suspension, but for now, am looking at more affordable upgrades to the suspension. I am in the process of adding an Icon bump stop kit, Deaver leaf springs (+3), and shackles (+2) for the rear end (the +3 Deavers add 1 inch, and the +2 shackles drop 1 inch, so the rear end should be stock height but have more travel). I am debating what route to go for the front end. I don't necessarily think I should do 3.0 shocks given the cost and that I will be upgrading to mid-travel in around 2 years. Any thoughts and/or suggestions are much appreciated.

Reaction score
Depends what mid travel you're going with. BMS, RPG, Evil +2 and Camburg use 3.0 replacement so you could put that shock on now. If your going SVC or Evil +3 that use normal coil overs then like mentioned above slap some Geiser or Eibach coils on your current shocks and call it good until its time to put your kit on.

LordxEkim

Reaction score
I see a lot of eibach recs on here but on you tube the off road guys say geisers. Progressive or not is big difference right?

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see a lot of eibach recs on here but on you tube the off road guys say geisers. Progressive or not is big difference right?
Well, Geiser only does offroad springs, they are in the Arizona desert, where they can test in brutal terrain. Eibach is primarily on-road vehicles, and they develop in Germany. There's no German word for "hucking it". Thats why I bought the Geisers.

Attachments

• 20220213_132039.jpg
    20220213_132039.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 34

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of building out my Gen 2. I will eventually move to mid-travel suspension, but for now, am looking at more affordable upgrades to the suspension. I am in the process of adding an Icon bump stop kit, Deaver leaf springs (+3), and shackles (+2) for the rear end (the +3 Deavers add 1 inch, and the +2 shackles drop 1 inch, so the rear end should be stock height but have more travel). I am debating what route to go for the front end. I don't necessarily think I should do 3.0 shocks given the cost and that I will be upgrading to mid-travel in around 2 years. Any thoughts and/or suggestions are much appreciated.
Speaking from experience, if you lift the front end at all, you’ll want to go ahead and put the shorter rear shackles back on. I have deavers +3 with the + 2 shackle. When I put on the the Fox Race series shocks on the front, it was higher than the back end

OP
OP
Coyote Raptor

Coyote Raptor

Reaction score
Speaking from experience, if you lift the front end at all, you’ll want to go ahead and put the shorter rear shackles back on. I have deavers +3 with the + 2 shackle. When I put on the the Fox Race series shocks on the front, it was higher than the back end
Yeah, I'm upgrading to fox race series this month and thought about that.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the ideal stance. Seriously.

Attachments

• 20220321_135504.jpg
    20220321_135504.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 26