Best fog lights to high beam left lane hoggers? :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I typically do about 10-15mph on city streets, but when someone comes flying up on me and doing the swerve back and forth to see why I'm going so slow, I'll slow down to the posted limit. Makes things fun.

I don't want to get carried away on a tangent here, but since you posted what you do, I have to respond.

It's stupidity like yours that causes more accidents than otherwise. It's not your job to police someone else's road manners, speed, courtesy etc. Slowing down intentionally because you don't agree with how someone behind you is driving is a **** move. The person behind you may be driving unsafely or speeding, but its not your business to judge. If you are holding people up, move the eff over and let them pass. I don't fly up to people and expect them to move immediately. I usually come up on them, brake 2-3 car lengths behind them, put my left turn signal on telling them politely to move over (that's a common European habit I picked up a long time ago). Some people see that and move over. Some act like ***** like you. And I will then high beam them or come right up on their tail because I don't like ******** or home made traffic cops.

Now back to regular programming folks :biggrin:

Last edited:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I don't want to get carried away on a tangent here, but since you posted what you do, I have to respond.

It's stupidity like yours that causes more accidents than otherwise. It's not your job to police someone else's road manners, speed, courtesy etc. Slowing down intentionally because you don't agree with how they drive is a **** move. The person behind you may be driving unsafely or speeding, but its not your business to judge. If you are holding people up, move the eff over and let them pass.

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess holding people up by going the speed limit is a horrible thing to do? Get over yourself. What you're wanting to do is far worse than me slowing down to THE LEGAL SPEED LIMIT. Instead, let's blind the **** out of them, that surely won't make them crash, LOL.

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way off topic, but could you post some pictures of your converted 500ff's?
I have hellas on my ford racing bar up front, and since day one have considered throwing HIDs in them.

Also, to answer your question, if you just want to near field flash someone, you want 1. LED and 2. the cheapo LED. They don't focus the light, so they just spray it out and glare...which is exactly what you want for flashing people. You want as much light in their mirror as you can get...you're not worried about throwing it a mile down the road in a nice, tight beam.

Here you go. The yellow is just lamin-x film, the hella lens cover is clear. I don't have any pics with them on, I will look. I did some night wheeling back in February, I'd have to look at the pics.

BvQfYmS3-vVVMVqFfQ7wcwmkl7gRZOk-97uk=w1024-h768-no.jpg

VLK6hVspNgj99mN5wdLUJNPjZ_X_IEwe0LOk=w1024-h768-no.jpg

Good tip on going cheap, thank you. That does make sense and I hadn't thought of that.

EDIT: Here you go.

RJVo7OvhKM6rDY5tPiK3xZasoKi5xWCpz6-g=w1024-h768-no.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess holding people up by going the speed limit is a horrible thing to do? Get over yourself. What you're wanting to do is far worse than me slowing down to THE LEGAL SPEED LIMIT. Instead, let's blind the **** out of them, that surely won't make them crash, LOL.

Yeah ******. Law enforcement and making sure people do the speed limit isn't your job. So yes, if someone is moving faster than you, move over.

Just your attitude is so pissy. "if I see someone come up behind me, I intentionally slow down" geez your life must be pretty miserable.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Here you go. The yellow is just lamin-x film, the hella lens cover is clear.

BvQfYmS3-vVVMVqFfQ7wcwmkl7gRZOk-97uk=w1024-h768-no.jpg

VLK6hVspNgj99mN5wdLUJNPjZ_X_IEwe0LOk=w1024-h768-no.jpg

Good tip on going cheap, thank you. That does make sense and I hadn't thought of that.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Yeah ******. Law enforcement and making sure people do the speed limit isn't your job. So yes, if someone is moving faster than you, move over.

Just your attitude is so pissy. "if I see someone come up behind me, I intentionally slow down" geez your life must be pretty miserable.

Did you not comprehend what I said at all? I guess I can explain it to you, but can't make you understand.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, this thread just got derailed. Does not take too long for words and cyber fists start flying around.
I personally do not give a shit who is behind me and what they want to do when I drive my truck. I am not an aggressive driver, leave plenty of room between me and the guy in front of me, slightly above speed limit, just chilling. If I get to my destination 10 sec later its just fine with me. Can I say it? Where I live drivers are for the most part are normal. I certainly do not pay attention to any "European" ways of communication and was not aware until now that this shit exists, sorry. I was born in mother Russia and the only way of communication there between drivers are
1. Cursing, by sticking your head out of the window

2. Shooting at each other

3. Ramming the car in front of you

4. Putting illegal sirens and flashing emergency lights

5. Taking a detour by driving in oncoming traffic

But I can say that when someone acts like they are ready to shit their pants and can not wait to pass and drive like *****, naturally it makes me go even slower...

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
So, let's wrap this up and put a bow on it shall we?

- Op wants advice on ACTUALLY BLINDING OTHER DRIVERS ON THE ROAD
- OP gets told it's a bad idea
- Brake checking is mentioned
- Legality of brake checking is briefly debated
- Back to lights, OP gets some advice
- Jimbo shares an anecdote about his driving techniques
- OP actually calls him unsafe for slowing to the speed limit
- OP also somehow justifies that BLINDING OTHER DRIVERS is safer than driving the speed limit.
- SZDZMTR reminds us how absolutely ******* the highways are in mother Russia.
- OP is a MASShole

Now we here.

OP this isn't legal, a good idea, cool, or really even funny. I legitimately hope you do this to some dude who is running 20k lumens of rear lighting sometime. You run a real risk of blinding someone enough that they panic and possibly hit the brakes (causing an accident with you) or that they swerve off the road and are involved in an accident.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It's stupidity like yours that causes more accidents than otherwise. It's not your job to police someone else's road manners, speed, courtesy etc. Slowing down intentionally because you don't agree with how someone behind you is driving is a **** move. The person behind you may be driving unsafely or speeding, but its not your business to judge. If you are holding people up, move the eff over and let them pass. I don't fly up to people and expect them to move immediately. I usually come up on them, brake 2-3 car lengths behind them, put my left turn signal on telling them politely to move over (that's a common European habit I picked up a long time ago). Some people see that and move over. Some act like ***** like you. And I will then high beam them or come right up on their tail because I don't like ******** or home made traffic cops.

Maybe you should follow your own advice about not policing the road.