Best fog lights for stock bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have a 2019 in silver. I want to get fog lights but don’t want a new bumper as I really like the stock look (I’m sure that will change over time but for now I love it).

What are the best lights in terms of brand and color to put in the stock inserts?

What’s your use case?
Starbucks drive thru island hopping?
Mint 400?
somewhere in between?

Lighting is a strategy to implement, and it works best by having light from different locations and with different beam patterns.

Are you looking for more light up close, mid range or are going all in to set up a pre running desert blaster?

If the fogs are going to be all street, have at least one set of SAE to keep you “street legal”, then go for a wide corner and combo pair to accompany.

if they’re going to be for real off roading and you’ll be adding other lights later, consider not going the SAE route and using some other lights for in close to mid range.

I’ll leave the brand discussion to others, I made my choice previously and they work great for me.

OP
OP
B

Bubbles560

Reaction score
Thanks @smurfslayer ! The use case realistically will be mainly street, some off road (specifically Ocotillo for those in SoCal). What is your opinion on best for mainly street use but the occasional desert trip. I prob won't run super hard in the desert as it is my daily driver but do get excited once in a while so want something capable of both. Any thoughts?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely your best brands will be Diode Dynamics or Baja Designs. We have two different kits that will give you an awesome OEM look for your stock bumper. One is a bracket for the lights and another is a bezel kit that looks super nice. You can piece them together with whatever lights you want and we also have bundle kits you can get. We totally get that not every person wants the same thing and every brand of light is different so we've got you covered on all the bases!

Our universal brackets are designed to fit virtually any light on the market. If you want the more "my lights came with the truck" look then definitely go with the bezel kit. We designed the kit in-house and everything we make is made right here in the good ol' USA. Designed by Raptor owners for Raptor owners.

I'm happy to help you figure out what you need! All our kits come with everything you need for an easy plug and play installation for anyone to be able to install.

Shop Fog Light Kits Here at Offroad Alliance
View attachment 357952
View attachment 357953
Can you pm me with the mount and lights for the 4 round setup you have for in front of the grill please?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thanks @smurfslayer ! The use case realistically will be mainly street, some off road (specifically Ocotillo for those in SoCal). What is your opinion on best for mainly street use but the occasional desert trip. I prob won't run super hard in the desert as it is my daily driver but do get excited once in a while so want something capable of both. Any thoughts?

So I would definitely keep a slot for an SAE light that you can legally use with the low beams. There are a few out there who make an SAE (street legal) light in this class. If you’re not bombing late at night, or in low light and you’re reasonably confident you’re not going to go overboard on lighting...

outermost lights: SAE
middle: Wide cornering
inner most: Driving combo.

Worst case, you decide you want different setup, buy new ones and move old ones to the rear. Did I mention that you can tie in lights to reverse? And how much easier it is to see when you have about 4800 lumens extra to play with while reversing? :=)

back to the front, so to speak.

Plenty of supporting vendors on here who will be happy to set you up with a good combo without wasting your money. FRF supporting vendors are aces, make lots of money from us BECAUSE they’re on here answering questions, steering us in the right direction and giving decent prices.

I first went with cheap amazon lights, but that just fed my want for more. I was able to sell some after a season, to a member here for a side by side as I recall... went with baja designs. I’ve heard really good feedback on Rigid and Diode Dynamics here. I have forward facing:

6x squadrons; 4x pro in driving combo, 2 are amber, 2 are white, 2 are SAE
1x XL80 30” bar.
2x LP4 on the bumper mount
2x XL80 on the a pillar.
2x S1 laser on the XL80

I started out with 4 squadrons, 2 wide corner sports, 2 spot pros. Honestly, I got more use out of the wide corner than any other light. They don’t shoot far, but light is --everywhere--. Especially the side of the road where critters like to hang out.

My wide corner squadron sports are now my reverse / rear facing lights.

It’s a journey. The XL80s and LP4s throw light out to .5 mile plus. I have a flat stretch on the way home I can light it up on. it’s .6 miles to the end of the road and I can see features clearly that far out. But, when I’m not needing the distance lights, I fire up the LP4s + a wide combo set, which still push really far but with a lot of spread in front of me.

My SAE are on an up fitter only and I will use them for night time roadway work, sometimes augmented by my amber driving combo which I’ve aimed a little lower than most to keep out of oncoming driver’s eyes. I shut these down when others approach, but I like having them aimed downward to keep from night blinding anyone until I shut them down.

Wide cornering lights are great but- there’s no aiming them out of the eyes of oncoming drivers. I left them on one time when I shut down, went out to the truck after I remote started - couldn’t even look in the direction of the lights. They’re bright.

So, I’d say SAE/driving combo/wide corner is a good option to start with in the stock bumper.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I picked up 3 pair of BD lights from @Nick@Apollo-Optics. I'm 90% street use. A pair of SAE wide cornering, a pair of Combo's, and a pair of driving, all in white mounted with Fabworks brackets. I also got a pair of BD S2's for extra back up lighting, while I was at it. I have a clip-on amber lens for the SAE if I want it for fog use. Very happy with the set up.

1654830310111.jpeg

1654830460088.jpeg

1654830526501.jpeg

1654831687414.jpeg

Last edited:

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@OffroadAlliance.com will take care of you as well as Specialty Performance they're both great sources. I'd lean towards Baja Designs if I were you. They have a great warranty and quality product.
We definitely will! We love helping with lighting questions as it's definitely one of our specialties. Baja Designs is going to be one of the best options along with Diode Dynamics. There's also options with Rigid and Vision X which are also good brands.

@smurfslayer did an amazing job with what lighting options can help with your application. You'll definitely want some SAE lights as they're what most guys use on-road without worrying about blinding people and getting in trouble. Both Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics make SAE lights along with Rigid. It's always good to spread your options out as much as possible. We typically suggest different beam patterns for each pair of lights to make sure you cover all the bases of lighting you want. It's also good to add a set of amber if you find you'll be using them in fog/snow as the white lights won't help a ton in those weather conditions. I'd love to talk lighting options with you @Bubbles560. I definitely think we can help you get exactly what you want and make your truck look badass in the process.

Can you pm me with the mount and lights for the 4 round setup you have for in front of the grill please?
Absolutely!

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I picked up 3 pair of BD lights from @Nick@Apollo-Optics. I'm 90% street use. A pair of SAE wide cornering, a pair of Combo's, and a pair of driving, all in white mounted with Fabworks brackets. I also got a pair of BD S2's for extra back up lighting, while I was at it. I have a clip-on amber lens for the SAE if I want it for fog use. Very happy with the set up.

View attachment 358119

View attachment 358120

View attachment 358121

View attachment 358122
Mclovin the no tailgate appliqué btw..