Best fog lights for stock bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bubbles560

Reaction score
I picked up 3 pair of BD lights from @Nick@Apollo-Optics. I'm 90% street use. A pair of SAE wide cornering, a pair of Combo's, and a pair of driving, all in white mounted with Fabworks brackets. I also got a pair of BD S2's for extra back up lighting, while I was at it. I have a clip-on amber lens for the SAE if I want it for fog use. Very happy with the set up.

View attachment 358119

View attachment 358120

View attachment 358121

View attachment 358122
I love this look! Thanks so much, really appreciate it.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a 2019 in silver. I want to get fog lights but don’t want a new bumper as I really like the stock look (I’m sure that will change over time but for now I love it).

What are the best lights in terms of brand and color to put in the stock inserts?

I know there are probably a lot of threads with some answers but couldn’t find the input I was looking for specifically.

Additionally, any advice on best shops in SoCal???

Thanks!

Go with one of our Triple Fog Light Kits and some Baja Designs. Baja has a lifetime warranty. Our kits include our KR Off-Road brackets which are not only made right here in the USA (Long Island) but are made from stainless steel and powder coated black. We also include a lifetime warranty on our brackets. Included with each kit is our wiring harness which is essentially plug and play. It COULD NOT be easier to wire up.

Use coupon code FOGS and save some $$ on that fog kit also:

The best part... we've got everything IN STOCK. We have a warehouse full of Baja Designs lights ready to ship out to you! No waiting MONTHS for lights to come in. Order today and it'll ship the same day (or the next at the very latest)

Brackets14.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bubbles560

Reaction score
Go with one of our Triple Fog Light Kits and some Baja Designs. Baja has a lifetime warranty. Our kits include our KR Off-Road brackets which are not only made right here in the USA (Long Island) but are made from stainless steel and powder coated black. We also include a lifetime warranty on our brackets. Included with each kit is our wiring harness which is essentially plug and play. It COULD NOT be easier to wire up.

Use coupon code FOGS and save some $$ on that fog kit also:

The best part... we've got everything IN STOCK. We have a warehouse full of Baja Designs lights ready to ship out to you! No waiting MONTHS for lights to come in. Order today and it'll ship the same day (or the next at the very latest)

View attachment 358466
Thanks! These work great as well. If I bought these lights, is there anything else needed to successfully install or does it come with all the necessary parts?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks! These work great as well. If I bought these lights, is there anything else needed to successfully install or does it come with all the necessary parts?

Everything you need is in the kit. Our wiring harness makes it super simple and it's what everybody raves about. You honestly can't find a higher quality harness then the one we designed and include.

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
My 2 cents on it: You should get familiar with California laws before you are getting too deep into this... In SOCal even by installing off-road lights and not covering them can get you in trouble. Using non-oem lights on the streets is like asking for trouble. There are plenty of regulations for this kind of stuff... One of the regulation for example:
"24405. (a) Not more than four lamps of the following types showing
to the front of a vehicle may be lighted at any one time:
(1) Headlamps.
(2) Auxiliary driving or passing lamps.
(3) Fog lamps.
(4) Warning lamps.
(5) Spot lamps.
(6) Gaseous discharge lamps specified in Section 25258.
(b) For the purpose of this section each pair of a dual headlamp
system shall be considered as one lamp.
(c) Subdivision (a) does not apply to any authorized emergency
vehicle."
You can see more at https://law.justia.com/codes/california/2010/veh/24400-24411.html

For Off-Road lights the stuff is way more simple- Lights should be covered on the highway at all times! :893karatesmiley-thu

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents on it: You should get familiar with California laws before you are getting too deep into this... In SOCal even by installing off-road lights and not covering them can get you in trouble. Using non-oem lights on the streets is like asking for trouble. There are plenty of regulations for this kind of stuff... One of the regulation for example:
(1) Headlamps.
(3) Fog lamps.
(4) Warning lamps.
(5) Spot lamps.
vehicle."
You can see more at https://law.justia.com/codes/california/2010/veh/24400-24411.html

For Off-Road lights the stuff is way more simple- Lights should be covered on the highway at all times! :893karatesmiley-thu
Always good information for people to know. States like California are a big reason a lot of the lighting brands sell covers. We've got covers for pretty much all out lighting brands. Some states won't pass your inspection unless you cover the lights.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
(1) Headlamps.
(3) Fog lamps.
(4) Warning lamps.
(5) Spot lamps.
vehicle."

This is pretty standard fare. VA is similarly encumbered. In fact, in regards to laws and regulations, California is junior varsity in comparison. The diet coke of law and regulation.

Virginia: Stealing legislating and regulating away your freedom since 1607.

VA had all of that, also included was a provision that any mounted and not covered light must function, even if it’s an auxiliary light. That said, it’s an equipment violation that’s totally unattractive to all but the most bored, sitting on the side of the road, sniping locals.

NOT in anyway advocating you light up the brights on unsuspecting, oncoming motorists, just b!tching about crap that makes it into regulations and law.