Best exhaust for 2013 screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

naplesraptor

Reaction score
I recently purchased and installed the SW headers, cats and turbo chambered exhaust. The videos online totally misled me and make the exhaust out to be quiet and no drone - this is completely false. I like the sound at light throttle or WOT but I'm pretty annoyed the 1700-2200 rpm medium throttle drone - its sooo bad. I called SW and have some resonators on the way but if it doesn't drastically reduce drone then I will be selling the exhaust immediately. Let me also say that I wanted a more quiet sort of exhaust but this ended up being the opposite - totally different from their videos of the exhaust system. I cant imagine was the S-type mufflers sound or how bad the drone must be..

On a positive note, the quality is great and fitment is good. The sound is also great - just very loud and drones heavy.

OP
OP
Big Country BK
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and just get the Corsa Extreme and be done with it. I've had 4 different exhausts and love the Dirty Deeds best of all around town but it droned on the highway @ 75-85 enough to annoy me. The Corsa is wicked @ WOT, and the cold start up will wake the neighbors if you park outside but it is as quiet as stock on the highway.

Did you do corsa cat back? Who'd you get it from and what'd you spend if you don't mind! Thanks!

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have the Corsa Extreme now after trying 4 other exhausts. Maryland Speed has the best price I found. I don't remember the cost.

40oz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MBRP if you want to let the neighbors know your truck is not stock. No drone at 70mph, but you damn sure know its there when you step on it.

Reaction score
For what it is worth, I just picked up and put on the MagnaFlow side-exit cutback. This kit seemed to be popular on this forum a few years ago but fell off as new entrants came into the market. I almost went with the Corsa, but the price on the Magnaflow made me reconsider. The Magnaflow can be had for just about half the cost of the Corsa. I understand the steel quality is less than the Corsa, but if you live in area without much winter weather I expect the Magnaflow would be durable enough.

The Magnaflow has a really great deep throaty sound that is just loud enough over stock at startup, idle and city cruising that it feels right to me. Definitely makes the truck sound more aggressive to match its look. At high acceleration it get pretty loud and maintains the deep aggressive sound. It more roars than screams. Slightly louder in cabin at highway cruising than stock, but I wouldn't call it a drone and more than tolerable.

Stage3 worked with me to price match, offer a great price with free shipping, and got it to me in 2 business days. I recommend reaching out to them if you are interested.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kooks true dual setup sounds the best and has no drone.

I also like the Corsa.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I researched all the different systems before going with the Corsa Extreme on my 2014. I am extremely happy with my choice. The quality of the system is top notch and the install couldn't have been easier.

Mark

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had SW exhaust hated the deep drone on highway at 70 -75 mph. Drone at lower rpms around town. Sounded great but hard to live with. The exhaust came with my Scab that i sold. Switched to Corsa Extreme, awesome exhaust absolutely hands down drone free, crisp sports car sound at acceleration, super quiet on a highway when cruising.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I just picked up and put on the MagnaFlow side-exit cutback. This kit seemed to be popular on this forum a few years ago but fell off as new entrants came into the market. I almost went with the Corsa, but the price on the Magnaflow made me reconsider. The Magnaflow can be had for just about half the cost of the Corsa. I understand the steel quality is less than the Corsa, but if you live in area without much winter weather I expect the Magnaflow would be durable enough.

The Magnaflow has a really great deep throaty sound that is just loud enough over stock at startup, idle and city cruising that it feels right to me. Definitely makes the truck sound more aggressive to match its look. At high acceleration it get pretty loud and maintains the deep aggressive sound. It more roars than screams. Slightly louder in cabin at highway cruising than stock, but I wouldn't call it a drone and more than tolerable.

Stage3 worked with me to price match, offer a great price with free shipping, and got it to me in 2 business days. I recommend reaching out to them if you are interested.

They must have changed something on the Magna Flow Cat-Back. When I had one on it droned annoyingly on the highway. Glad to hear they've fixed this.