best dead pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gDMJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*fordmotorsport.jpg part # M-61120-A (*obsolete*). 1984+ part intended for fox-bodied vehicles ( stock on all 1984-6 SVO Mustangs ). Still can be found on ebay® for not much money.
pic00.jpg
*M6.3 - 1.81 x 20MM self-tapping screws. NAPA part # 6652328 ( package of 9 ).
pic03.jpg
*After removing the plastic retainer scuff plate, the kick panel cover can be removed to expose the parking brake cable bracket.
pic01.jpg
*So that the dead pedal can be mounted to the parking brake cable bracket, 3 new holes need to be drilled.
pic02.jpg
*Used the dead pedal bracket to mark the holes to be drilled in the parking brake cable bracket. And NO there's nothing behind it. And NO it doesn't interfere with the parking brake.
pic04.jpg
*Re-installed the kick panel cover and the plastic retainer scuff plate. IMO looks OEM.
pic05.jpg
Total co$t: < $25

After the initial installation and driving around for a couple of weeks, I opted to install a 1½" spacer ( rectangular aluminum ) between the bracket and the pad for ergonomic reasons ( like the seat all-the-way-back ). That and ... It put the dead pedal close to the same plain as the brake and gas pedals.
deadpedalinstalled.jpg

tossty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*fordmotorsport.jpg part # M-61120-A (*obsolete*). 1984+ part intended for fox-bodied vehicles ( stock on all 1984-6 SVO Mustangs ). Still can be found on ebay® for not much money.
pic00.jpg
*M6.3 - 1.81 x 20MM self-tapping screws. NAPA part # 6652328 ( package of 9 ).
pic03.jpg
*After removing the plastic retainer scuff plate, the kick panel cover can be removed to expose the parking brake cable bracket.
pic01.jpg
*So that the dead pedal can be mounted to the parking brake cable bracket, 3 new holes need to be drilled.
pic02.jpg
*Used the dead pedal bracket to mark the holes to be drilled in the parking brake cable bracket. And NO there's nothing behind it. And NO it doesn't interfere with the parking brake.
pic04.jpg
*Re-installed the kick panel cover and the plastic retainer scuff plate. IMO looks OEM.
pic05.jpg
Total co$t: < $25

After the initial installation and driving around for a couple of weeks, I opted to install a 1½" spacer ( rectangular aluminum ) between the bracket and the pad for ergonomic reasons ( like the seat all-the-way-back ). That and ... It put the dead pedal close to the same plain as the brake and gas pedals.
deadpedalinstalled.jpg

Good pictures and info, will get one of those. Thanks

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How could we get in touch with them?

Here is the link.....

https://www.evilmanufacturing.com/dead-pedals

Still trying to decide if I'll go with the Evil or the one Craven Speed sells...Its $99 as opposed to $150...not shopping price,just want one that installs easy and doesnt involve altering mats or drilling floor or firewall....Each of these has its pros-cons...The Craven unless you want to drill thru your mats to secure it,there is only one bolt to firewall that holds it....Spoke to BOTH companies and of course both say not to worry,IT WILL WORK...LOL...
Still leaning towards the Evil....

Last edited:

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a craven in a gen 2. I bent a piece of aluminum and mounted to a bolt above to the front firewall. Works good