Best daytime dust light setup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mille_ed

Reaction score
Has anyone found a setup that actually improves front visibility for high speed through dust? I don’t do night runs. I mostly chase buddies through the desert, and would like to see em and the trail better. Can’t really tuck in super close at high speed. We all have amber chase lights and those help to not lose each other.

Looking for suggestions on lights and positioning. Low in the bumper vs grill vs up high, clear vs amber, spot vs wide. Not really on a budget. I’d hate to go buy 4x lp9s only to find they don’t really cut through dust or make it worse for glare. I’m leaning towards lots of amber lumens?

TLDR: no night runs, best daytime dust lights?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Off-road lights don't really do a lot during the day, even in dust. I've had 4x LP9, 2x XL80 & 3x Squadron Pros on in the day driving through dust... they did nothing.

At night though they help out AND for people chasing you or in front of you, they do something. But you won't gain any effect during the day.

With that said, for forward lighting having an amber pair of lights in your fog opening is ideal. You could go with lights up top. We sell a lot of amber pillar mounted lights which are great for day runs (let's people in front of you see) and at night (cuts through dust/bad weather better).

So 2 options for ya. I'd say do spots for pillar mounted lights and either a driving/combo or a wide cornering for fog mountnig.

You could do 4x LP9 but you'd be wasting light honestly. A pair of white and a pair of amber WOULD be good though, best of both worlds.

Check out our site at 4x4TruckLEDs.com we have lots of bolt-on options... this is what our demo truck looks like to give you an idea on what you can do

116045037_10217782300084634_2719840187335305431_o.jpg

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you figure something out that works during the DAY, please let me know. That would be awesome, but then again I am pretty sure you are not gonna find anything. Every desert racer would be all over it.

Sam