Best brakes for my 18 Beadlock OEM wheels? Recommendations for a mechanic or shop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ulises

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I need to get my brakes done. I've done a little research here and there, and the best recommendations for aftermarket brakes are either r1 concepts or alcons.

Now, im a little confused because there are some people that say they have issues with the r1 concepts fitment on 18 OEM beadlocks? But then there's others saying that there is no issue.

I don't off-road as much as I would like, and i'd like to know what you guys think. Also, I am currently located in Chicagoland and I need a recommendation on where to take my truck to get this done.

Thank you in advance!

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with R1 Concepts. I am running their rotors and pads. If someone is having a fitment issue, they probably purchased the wrong pads. But since you don't off-road too much, stick with OEM brake pads. Also, they are really easy to replace on your own. There are some good YouTube videos that will show you how easy the process is and everything that you need to lube. There is also a good thread somewhere here on this site that has Torque specs.

OP
OP
Ulises

Ulises

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with R1 Concepts. I am running their rotors and pads. If someone is having a fitment issue, they probably purchased the wrong pads. But since you don't off-road too much, stick with OEM brake pads. Also, they are really easy to replace on your own. There are some good YouTube videos that will show you how easy the process is and everything that you need to lube. There is also a good thread somewhere here on this site that has Torque specs.
Are you running their BBK? On OEM Beadlocks?

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM bead locks are 17”. You may need to bump up to 18” if the new brakes take up more packaging space than original, which is likely. Stopping ability and packaging size generally trend together.

OP
OP
Ulises

Ulises

Reaction score
OEM bead locks are 17”. You may need to bump up to 18” if the new brakes take up more packaging space than original, which is likely. Stopping ability and packaging size generally trend together.
Yes sorry, I must've fat fingered. So then I will have an issue with the r1 concepts on the 17'' OEM Beadlocks?

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brake package vs. wheel clearance is tightly controlled by the OEMs. I know many would cry “heresy”, but consider 20” wheels to give your new brakes some room.